_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Armoured Cars - Iraq 1941
dadlamassu
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 06:03 AM UTC
Hi

I'm researching the conflict in Iraq 1941 as a wargames project and Im looking for help with two armoured cars - the Chevrolet Crossley Indian Pattern used by the 13th Lancers and the Wagner Armoured Car used by the Arab Legion.

1. The Chevrolet Crossley

I've looked for a model and found only one very expensive one at about £15 each - way too much for the force I want to deploy.

Now I'm looking for a set of plans in 1/76 for the Indian Pattern of the Chevrolet Crossley Armoured Car as used by the 13th Lancers in Iraq 1941 to build 7 - 10 for a wargames force.

Similar vehicles were in Argentine service - photos in Tankette 22/5 pp11 and bach cover and the front cover of 25/2.

2. The Wagner was built on a Ford chassis by the Wagner company and I've not found a model of this at all. I have found a few photos on the web but few details of this vehicle. Does anyone know where I can get the dimensions or plans of this?

Maybe someone knows a set of plans for either or both that I can use?

Many thanks in anticipation

Alan
CRosenwould
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 08:30 AM UTC
Alan,

I suggest you drop a line to Geoff Lacey. He has hundreds of 1/76th scale plans in his catalogue.

I had a quick look in my copy and there are a few that may be of use. You obviously know a bit more about what you're exactly looking for.

His address is 315A South Lane, New Malden, Surrey KT1 5RR.

I have had some plans off him in the past - super service, excellent plans, reasonable prices.

Regards,

Colin

dadlamassu
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 09:42 PM UTC
Colin

Many thanks. He came up trumps with the Chevrolet Crossley.

Alan
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 06:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Colin

Many thanks. He came up trumps with the Chevrolet Crossley.

Alan

=========================

Good news, Alan.

I told you that the MAFVA forum may be useful for your query. Don't forget to try our Information Officer, Chris Lloyd Staples, too.

Also, while speaking to Bill Hanna, our Website Editor, at Telford he was interested in looking at a members' notice board on the regular site. When he gets back to his base in France and is able to get to grips again on the website reins hopefully this will be another avenue to spread your queries to a wider audience.

Best wishes with your quest,

Gary Williams
Pres/Sec MAFVA
 _GOTOTOP