_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
M113A3 Interior Pictures Posted
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 02:42 AM UTC
Here are some good shots of the interior of an M113A3, plain vanilla armored personnel carrier (APC, PC or "Papa Chuck"). M113A3 Interior they are located on the last page of the album.
relichunter00
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 03:22 AM UTC
Very good pictures Rob, Very BIG and detailed. Thanks.

I've been looking on the www.battletanks.com and noticed that most of the pictures were taking at Aberdeen. I would like to see that place, especially a closeup of the MBT-70 and Tiger I. Very cool looking tanks.

Anthony
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 03:45 AM UTC
SABOT,

I have never seen the inside of an M113A3 in person. In your photos I did not see the transmission shift levers. Didi I miss them or has that also changed?
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 05:23 AM UTC
Thanks, Rob. Those are great pics, and I will be able to use them for sure. I have the Academy kit and the M113 PE coming, already. I'm hoping to take photos of the work in progress and write an article for Jim.

Maybe you can help with some questions: Besides the surfboard, the fuel cells, and the smoke dischargers, are there any exterior changes to the layout of the top deck or glacis? I know the engine is different, but did they change the top grills at all? I have been scouring the net for pics, but haven't had much luck. No one seems to love our little A3 Papa Chucks!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 06:00 AM UTC
I'll take some more pictures tomorrow of the top of the hull for you. Look on the picture of the driver's hatch from above. You will see the transmission shift control (black) just above the steering yoke to the right. It is a small control lever module and it shifts the tranny much like the M1 series tank.

If you don't like the BIG pictures, I can always take little tiny ones from 10' away

Isn't it nice to have your own high-speed modern US armor reference source that can produce the shots you want within a couple of days?
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 06:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Isn't it nice to have your own high-speed modern US armor reference source that can produce the shots you want within a couple of days?

YES!! (See other thread for statements of deep appreciation and thanks!!)

Quoted Text

If you don't like the BIG pictures, I can always take little tiny ones from 10' away

No, thank you. I can be patient for as long as those big, beautiful, very detailed and useful pics take to load!
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 09:05 AM UTC
Thanks,

I saw the object to which you referred, just didn't know what it was. Those spall liners sure can hide a lot of stuff that you used to have to detail

Ranger74
relichunter00
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 11:01 AM UTC
Oh i wasn't complaining about the size of the pictures, If they show that kind of detail everytime, keeping coming. :-)

Thanks again for the pictures.

Anthony
 _GOTOTOP