Hosted by Darren Baker
French building wall thickness Question
sroth88
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 10:47 PM UTC
I have been working for a while on a Normandy building. I started with a Mini Art kit and made rubber molds of all the vacuformed parts. I am now putting it together and I have two questions first is the thickness of the walls close to scale 7/16 of a inch or 14 scale inches in 35th scale. Second question is the window itself suppose to be in the center of the wall. I will post some pics later today.
Please help
Sheldon
jabo6
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 276 posts
Armorama: 152 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 - 01:06 PM UTC
having been a brickmason for 45 years ,14 scale inches is pretty close for a solid non cavity wall ,standard size in the uk is 13and a half inches i would imagine the continental ones are pretty close. hope this helps. :- as for the widow opening about 3and a half to 4 inches from the outside is about right. alltho this can vary depending on the type of building.
sroth88
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 - 02:57 PM UTC
Thank you John
Sheldon
sroth88
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 - 09:54 PM UTC
I started putting the building together today and I am happy with the results so far. Having made the molds now I have plenty of extra peices for rubble or expanding the size of the building. I also have made molds for sidewalks and three differnt street patterns. My next project is to make rubble piles and cast them in hydrocal or liquid plastic. I like the hydrocal to work with it is so easy to sand, cut and fill. Well back to work.
Sheldon :-

_GOTOTOP