_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
Scale Military Modeller International
CRosenwould
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 09:31 AM UTC
The current issue of Scale Military Modelling International features a double page spread all about MAFVA.

The magazine editor, Andy Evans, is very keen to form links with the association and this is a great opportunity to get MAFVA to a wider audience especially given the imminent release of Tankette in A4.

If your MAFVA branch needs a bit of publicity or has special events coming up that need advertising, please let me know and I’ll see about getting it into print.

Cheers,

Colin.
[email protected]
(MAFVA Publicity Officer)
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 - 10:26 PM UTC
Excellent job Colin,

Keep up the good work.

If any branches or individuals want to get a bit of information into print, be it branch news or a succesful modelling project, contact Colin. Don't forget you can always send stuff into Tankette and post it here as well. More permanent features can also go onto www.mafva.net.

We are especially looking for reference articles like those of Mike Starmer on British Camouflage for the Resources Page of the website.

Of course Neil is always on the lookout for articles and plans for Tankette, and now we are going to A4 there will be fewer hassles with fitting a 1/35th scale plan in.

I ahve just received the new A4 issue of Dragon, the South Wales Newsletter, and the photographs are much better than the postage stamps we have been forced to use in the old format, so I look forward to the new look Tankette.

Keep on, keeping on!

Paul Middleton
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 08:18 AM UTC
Hi
Yep just had the mag through the letterbox Sat.
Nice article surprised to see 2 pages.
Keep it up Guy's.
Sunray
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 147 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hi Chaps,

Very impressed with the early rushes but, did they add the new sub rates I sent? Fingers crossed.

Great stuff, Colin.

Many thanks,

Gary
CRosenwould
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 10:40 PM UTC
Thanks Gary,

The deadline had gone by but Andy does know about the error and will print the new subs rates (whcih I've sent him) next issue.

Colin.
 _GOTOTOP