_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
M1064 120mm Mortar Carrier
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 05:34 AM UTC
Does anyone have any idea where to look for pics and references on this vehicle? It is the modernized version of the M106A1/2 4.2" Mortar Carrier. I found a couple of blurry pics, but not much to go on. Sabot has said he will see what he can get, but since he has a real job, those will come when they get here. In the meantime, anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
relichunter00
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 61 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 06:04 AM UTC
Arengca,

This is not much and you may already have this link, but its all I found with more than 1 picture. http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk/bucket/m1064.htm . Sorry I couldn't find more.

Anthony
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 06:13 AM UTC
Hold your horses, I'll get to it tomorrow. We just finished our accreditation today and I had to attend the outbriefing. Good news is that my site is certified to teach for the next 3 years, better news is that I have some down time at work so I can concentrate on taking more photos.

We let the evaluators drive around on the M1A1s up and down the airfield. They had never been in a tank, let alone drive one. They had much fun.
ARENGCA
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 382 posts
Armorama: 267 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 06:39 AM UTC
Rob,

My post wasn't intended as anything but an observation that we ask a great deal from you, and sometimes we seem to forget that Uncle expects you to work, too. I didn't mean to sound like I am impatient. Sorry if I did sound that way. BTW, I understand dog-and-pony shows...I've given a few!

Honestly, whenever you get around to the pics is fine (even if it is a while, or not at all). I'm just trying to run down other sources, if there are any that are worthwhile.

A big THANK YOU is in order from all of us. You do a lot for us, and you need to know that we appreciate it!
maxpain
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 07:41 AM UTC
Wow...

Civilians get to drive tanks around ?? Maaann :-) sometimes I wish I lived in the states.
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 08:19 AM UTC
SABOT,

Congatulations on your accreditation :-) I know what it requires - I activated and commanded the 4th BN (Chemical), 100th Regt, 100th DIV (IT) 95-98. We taught the NBC Defense Course and trained 54Bs.

For all of you - Your tax dollars are being well spent at this RTS-Maint, if they were able to become accredited Everything is checked and double checked - the instructor procedures & quality of instruction, student records, instructor qualifications, and one of the killers - test control

AGAIN WELL DONE Now you have to maintain the accrediatation.. :-)
Ranger74
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 1,290 posts
Armorama: 658 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 08:24 AM UTC
Forgot to ask - If I ever get to the Northeast again, can I drve an M1, huh, huh :-)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow...

Civilians get to drive tanks around ?? Maaann :-) sometimes I wish I lived in the states.

Both evaluators are master sergeants (E-8) and were good guys out of the Ordnance Center & School, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. And sure, stop by and I'll let you drive.
maxpain
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 109 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2002 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Wow...

Both evaluators are master sergeants (E-8) and were good guys out of the Ordnance Center & School, Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD. And sure, stop by and I'll let you drive.

I'd love to but I probably won't be in the states anytime soon.. until then I will have to build more scale models :-)
 _GOTOTOP