Hosted by Darren Baker
Any Unimog models?
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 07:05 AM UTC
Does anyone know of a good 1/35 scale Unimog? I would like to build one as I think they are the neatest looking truck ever built Also what color scheme would they be? The NATO 3 color scheme?
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 07:24 AM UTC
The only one I have seen so far is at Megahobby.com. They have 1/24 scale Unimog with snow plow from Revell Germany. Kit number RVG7565. It looks like civilian snow plow. It is under thier truck section. I too have long admired Unimog trucks.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 07:39 AM UTC
Here is the only one I know of in 1/35 scale. Revell of Germany Unimog on Ebay. I do not know the quality. Most likely typical Italeri/RoG.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 07:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here is the only one I know of in 1/35 scale. Revell of Germany Unimog on Ebay. I do not know the quality. Most likely typical Italeri/RoG.

I've built this model before - it was a nice and clean project. Nothing really bad to warn you about. It makes a good looking UNIMOG.

Gunnie
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 08:05 AM UTC
Thanks for the help guys Now if only someone makes any of the enginering conversions for it I've seen some U.S. versions that had a scoop loader on the front,post hole digger on the back,and a backhoe version I think there also may be a dump truck version too
ModlrMike
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 714 posts
Armorama: 360 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 09:01 AM UTC
This one is on my list of acquisitions. I've seen this kit built where the builder replaced the plastic tarp with scratchbuilt ribs and a cloth tarp. A good improvement on a good kit. He said the build was fairly easy. I intend to build the ambulance version I rode in Croatia in 93.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 11:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the help guys Now if only someone makes any of the enginering conversions for it I've seen some U.S. versions that had a scoop loader on the front,post hole digger on the back,and a backhoe version I think there also may be a dump truck version too

It's called the SEE or Small Equipment Excavator, the nomenclature is FLU-49, no "M-" designation. I've got a class on it going on right now. It is the only variant in use by the US Army. This kit varies from the chassis used in the SEE.
capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 860 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 09:36 AM UTC
Just finishing my Revell Unimog. The only real problem was the delicate drive train support. Once done quite strong.( Alas I speak from two instances of personal knowledge of 4 foot drops)
capnjock
aussiemodeler
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 07:16 AM UTC
the Revell 1/35th unimog kit number is #03020 there is 3 nato 3 tone options and 1 white UN vertion! one of the nato coloured ones i marked as an ambo!
i have one! i am streching it by about 20mm to make it long enough for my aussie conversion of a GS truck!
the dash was suprisingly easy to convert to right hand drive!
and the seat swap was too! so all the cab insides are done! and look very good! now for the head ache of doing the wheels!
never done wheel scratch building! or casting! sure i'll be fine! just a little worried about the humidity levels in the top end here! Darwin is know for it after all!
any ideas will help thank you!
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 07:41 AM UTC
There are several 1/35 Unimogs.

Revell-Germany- injection moulded....they rubber tires are oversized and should be replaced with the early or late version tires from MR Models.

Perfect Scale Modellbau- resin...S404 version..they also make a trailer for the Unimog.

Das Werk Miniatures- resin...S404 version

I am going to use the Revell-Germany Unimog chassis as a starting point for a South African Buffel.
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 10:23 AM UTC
holy grave digger of old posts! June 2003!
BigWorm
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 05:08 PM UTC
Yea I was reading this the other day. Would be interested in any up to date info on 1/35 Unimogs
DAR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 250 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 09:12 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There are several 1/35 Unimogs.

Revell-Germany- injection moulded....they rubber tires are oversized and should be replaced with the early or late version tires from MR Models.

Perfect Scale Modellbau- resin...S404 version..they also make a trailer for the Unimog.

Das Werk Miniatures- resin...S404 version

I am going to use the Revell-Germany Unimog chassis as a starting point for a South African Buffel.

Hi Jason
Not sure if you're aware of it but BaxMod of SA released a resin 1/35 Buffel eariler this year.

Dave.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 09:41 PM UTC
Howdy fellas,

As I am always curious about odd and 'variant' vehicles, this mention of the "Buffel" made me curious........

Is this the vehicle you are speaking of?

Because if it is, this is indeed an interesting vehicle, as is the whole "Blast-Resistant-Vehicle" category.
{How much smart, defensive ' V' shaping is included in the new Stryker family of vehicles recently adopted by the United States military?? ;-) }

I don't suppose you have a link, or a pic of the kit available from "BaxMod of SA " do you?

tia.

Tread.
DAR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 250 posts
Armorama: 188 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2007 - 11:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Howdy fellas,

As I am always curious about odd and 'variant' vehicles, this mention of the "Buffel" made me curious........

Is this the vehicle you are speaking of?

Because if it is, this is indeed an interesting vehicle, as is the whole "Blast-Resistant-Vehicle" category.
{How much smart, defensive ' V' shaping is included in the new Stryker family of vehicles recently adopted by the United States military?? ;-) }

I don't suppose you have a link, or a pic of the kit available from "BaxMod of SA " do you?

tia.

Tread.

Hi Gordon

Here you go
http://www.baxmod.co.za/?q=image/tid/11

Cheers
Dave.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2007 - 05:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure if you're aware of it but BaxMod of SA released a resin 1/35 Buffel eariler this year.

Yup, I have the Baxmod Buffel kit and it is not up to my standards of what resin castings should be. The kit's chassis is based on the R-G Unimog chassis as are the tires, and suspension.

I am going to use the R-G Unimog and basically salvage what I can from the Baxmod Buffel hull, driver's compartment and troop compartment and either use the parts that I can clean up and detail or just use the parts as templates to scratchbuild my own parts.

At any rate, I will build a Buffel.

Gordon, the South African are the masters of blast resistant vehicles. They typically use the v-shaped hull on wheeled AFVs. Simple engineering and nothing high-tech to dispersing the blast and raising the crew compartments.

The hull shape on the Strykers dates way back to the 1970s and the origins of MOWAG...the design is not unique to the Stryker...just proven already many times over on other AFVs. Canadian AVGP Cougars and Bisons have a similar shaped hull and struck anti-tank mines in Somalia with only a few crew injuries. More than a few Canadian Coyotes in Afghanistan have struck IEDs and the crews have been unhurt.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2007 - 07:02 AM UTC
Howdy fellas,

Many thx for the hot link DAR, I really wasn't aware of this company till now...so thx. I have been an admirer of vehicles coming from this region for some time, including their helos, so the kits look most interesting.

I would love to get one of these but that will have to wait a wee while.

to LeoCmdr: Many thx for the informative input. I was aware of most of the Stryker lineage, but enjoyed the Somalia & Afghanistan damage report.
I'm sorry to hear of your dissappointment with the BaxMod kit tho'.....was hoping they had done a better job I suppose. If you're thinking about scratching up some replacement panels I would be most interested in maybe taking a look at your pattern sheets?... ?

Tread.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2007 - 11:03 AM UTC
Tread/Gordon,

I won't be starting the Buffel anytime soon but when I do I will post some images on Missing Lynx. I am not a big fan of pattern sheets but I will try and keep some record of the dimensions.
marcb
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,244 posts
Armorama: 1,226 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2007 - 01:34 PM UTC
Unimog:
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/reviews/vehicles/daswerks/dwm35100.htm

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/message/1179996525/Unimog+S+404

mikeo
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 325 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2007 - 05:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

the Revell 1/35th unimog kit number is #03020 there is 3 nato 3 tone options and 1 white UN vertion! one of the nato coloured ones i marked as an ambo!
i have one! i am streching it by about 20mm to make it long enough for my aussie conversion of a GS truck!
the dash was suprisingly easy to convert to right hand drive!
and the seat swap was too! so all the cab insides are done! and look very good! now for the head ache of doing the wheels!
never done wheel scratch building! or casting! sure i'll be fine! just a little worried about the humidity levels in the top end here! Darwin is know for it after all!
any ideas will help thank you!

On the topic of converting to right-hand drive, I read in the sales literature (Unimog) that the real (1:1 scale) vehicles are built to be swappable in a matter of minutes.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2007 - 05:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tread/Gordon,

I won't be starting the Buffel anytime soon but when I do I will post some images on Missing Lynx. I am not a big fan of pattern sheets but I will try and keep some record of the dimensions.

..........that would be dandy Mon Ami

Tread.
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 04:38 PM UTC
It's been almost 10 years since the original post, time to revive it.

Has anyone seen the contents of the MR Modellbau 'mog ambulance?

Mike, you might be interested in this one too:
http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=24&category=0&product=788&cat=43
terminators
Visit this Community
France
KitMaker: 1,932 posts
Armorama: 1,907 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 05:55 AM UTC
Hello,

I'm just building the Revell kit in 1:35 scale and ther is a lot of work to do something correct.

The turret is wrong, like several others details.

Curiously, there isn't much aftermarket for this model, except wheels and side walls for cargo box.

You can also replace the turret kit with the MR Modellbau turret designed for MAN series truck.
http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=26&product=1137&category=0

TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
KitMaker: 1,718 posts
Armorama: 1,130 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 06:55 AM UTC

Hi,

I've found that Wespe Models from Romania has two - 411 and 421 - on the civilian area but never see a review of them.

Anyone know them ?

tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 11:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

The only one I have seen so far is at Megahobby.com. They have 1/24 scale Unimog with snow plow from Revell Germany. Kit number RVG7565. It looks like civilian snow plow. It is under thier truck section. I too have long admired Unimog trucks.

Revell of Germany also makes or used to make a 1/35scale
German army unimog current german camo is nato 3 color
 _GOTOTOP