_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/16 Tiger 1 questions
didiumus
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 564 posts
Armorama: 312 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 03:07 PM UTC
Wahoo! I finally made a deal and got a big (static)Tamiya Tiger 1.

Mr Ron Glass over in North Carolina came through in a big way - thanks dude and I hope you like the kits I am sending you.

So here goes - besides the Aber set that costs more than the kit, is there a set of PE fenders and some "key" pieces that is a little more reasonably priced? Also, which metal barrel is the way to go?

Any assembly warnings for me? Anything to watch out for?

Any help is appreciated...

TIA,

Scott
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 - 06:48 PM UTC
Well, having built and running the R/C version and looking into the fun stuff for it I can say the only other PE for the Tiger I in that scale is from Tamiya and it's only the grills, but on that note the only thing to worry about is references as the only thing other than the screens that is need are the side fenders, and those can be fabricated out sheet metal if you realy need to replace them. The next grip i had with the kitare the tracks the key fopr only one side of the tank, so when mounted they go in opposite directions, a replacement set is available from a small shop in Hong Kong, and yet again cost more than the kit!!!! The barrel that is available is from the barrel Depot and they auction on Ebay for about 25 usd, if you intend toi get the R/C equipment for the kit this barrel will not work as the inside bore is too narrow for the light wires to go through also it need to be filed for it to fit the kit parts. For me it was $25 wasted on a AM part i couldn't use, available to anyone if they realy want it just ask and i'll find it for you. but that is the basic break down as i found it out there in market for the AM parts for the Kit. I might eventually build the static kit as i found the build up of the kit to be fun and I my self will be getting the Aber set for That kit as I won't be worried about breaking anything with my nice little desktop modle stug
 _GOTOTOP