_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
PHOTOS: MODEL
reinforcement's arrived
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 06:48 PM UTC
“Reinforcement’s arrived” by MC Leung is a large diorama which incorporates many elements, techniques, and skills all in one place.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
youngc
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 2,166 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 11:39 PM UTC
Excellent painting and good groundwork. Interesting figure interaction.

Palm trees are very realistic.

Well done,
Chas
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 01:39 AM UTC
Super piece of work. The one thing that jumped out at me is the flag on the back of the track. Hanging a flag like that and allowing it to get all muddied is very bad flag etiquette. I doubt a group af Marines would allow this to happen.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 01:45 AM UTC
Wow! Great job, MC Leung.

Each figure is a little masterpiece by itself and the ground work looks very realistic.

Thanks for sharing
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
Armorama: 2,110 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 01:46 AM UTC
Great diorama nice to see some more Vietnam stuuff

keep it coming

pzkfwmk6
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 456 posts
Armorama: 216 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 03:10 AM UTC
Once again MC, fantastic work!!! I'm going to ask Bill to bring the Hue City dio to AMPS this year and see what interest it generates. I wish you could come to AMPS so we could all sit down and chat and commiserate. Bill sends me pic cd's of your work all the time. Great work as usual and good kuck with the music gig!!
Best regards, Ed Spaide
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 03:26 AM UTC
Great job MC!!

I love that there are so many figures crammed into one space without it looking crowded and out of place. Each one of the figures is unique and tells it's own story. I love the tatoos and individual pieces of kit that make each on different. Your vehicles are really well done and the groundwork and tress/plants are first rate.

I really like this one, I wish I could see it in person. Well done....

Bob
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 05:37 AM UTC
Hi MC,

Really great work on the figures and the dio in general. The poses are well thought out and the number of troops really bring it to life.

1st Class job,

Al
paulchatfield
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 09:01 AM UTC
WOW what an amazing diorama. Stunning work.
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi MC,

Really great work on the figures and the dio in general. The poses are well thought out and the number of troops really bring it to life.

1st Class job,

Al

Exellent.
Amazing paint job.I am totally impressed.
thedoog
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 263 posts
Armorama: 260 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 12:52 PM UTC
This is really a beautiful dio--excellent figures, and a well-finished vehicle-- but one thing really screams out at me--

If you look at the bottom of the vehicle, it's obvious that it's traveling in some very muddy terrain. And yet on top, where all the soldiers are-and their FEET--there's absolutely NO mud, dirt, nothing. The top of the vehicle is so clean you could eat off it. Even if they didn't bard it in the mud, it's too clean on top.

I would definitely add some mud and footprints to the top of the vehicle to show that the boys a actually climbed aboard, and weren't just placed there by,,,,oh,,, some big modeler's hand?
MC
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Monday, February 09, 2009 - 03:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This is really a beautiful dio--excellent figures, and a well-finished vehicle-- but one thing really screams out at me--

If you look at the bottom of the vehicle, it's obvious that it's traveling in some very muddy terrain. And yet on top, where all the soldiers are-and their FEET--there's absolutely NO mud, dirt, nothing. The top of the vehicle is so clean you could eat off it. Even if they didn't bard it in the mud, it's too clean on top.

I would definitely add some mud and footprints to the top of the vehicle to show that the boys a actually climbed aboard, and weren't just placed there by,,,,oh,,, some big modeler's hand?

Gentlman,
Thank you for you advise. It is always to see thing in real rather than in photo, especially, I am not a professional camera man.
Wisham
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 133 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 06:47 AM UTC
Nicely done camo on helmets, good interactions between the three sets on the dio. Nice unsaid story line. Very good job, Kudo's to you. Warren
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,998 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 07:16 AM UTC
MC

another stunning diorama, I am sure I still have some pictures from the ones you submitted to my site years a go when it was running, if I can find them out I would like to create some more OD's from them with your permission.

cheers

Keith
MC
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 36 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 - 03:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

MC

another stunning diorama, I am sure I still have some pictures from the ones you submitted to my site years a go when it was running, if I can find them out I would like to create some more OD's from them with your permission.

cheers

Keith

Hi Keith,
Thanks a lot. Its appreciate that you like to create OD's with my pictures. All my works are up load here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mc.leung.mc001

Some of them had been post here years before. I am not sure if anyone would like to see my old works once again.

Best Regards
MC
tnichols
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 66 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 06:05 AM UTC
Hey Karl-they are Marines,not soldiers.Big difference. Also this a REALLY nice piece work that on a personal level I can identify with. Semper Fi.Ted Nichols
 _GOTOTOP