1/24 SAS jeep test kit
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
KitMaker: 530 posts
Armorama: 450 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 11:12 PM UTC

Hi Jeepman,

Thanks for pointing that out but I've got it covered already. The photos posted are of the initial test kit of a couple years ago. Since then most of the LSA line has been redesigned or expanded and in some cases, expanded yet again. On all the jeep wheel conversion sets (which is included as part of the SAS kit) the arms and connector pins were redesigned to look better and fit correctly.

Just so you know, there will be two separate wheel conversion sets for 1/24 scale jeeps. Both will be steering conversions, the one for the Hasagewa correcting the tire tread pattern and the one for the Italeri featuring better looking rims than the factory. Also the SAS kit itself has undergone some nice refinement and features many pieces not pictured.

Thanks for the input, it's the only way we can make corrections and get it right!
Jim
Large Scale Armory
JEEPRMEDIC
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 02:05 PM UTC
Jimanything for sale yet?
John,
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 02:41 PM UTC
I'm glad you've decided to add the civilian tires. As I read this and the related thread I thought "Why not do what Legend did with their SAS kit?" only to see that you have addressed it. I'd also suggest for both scales a spare leaf spring. I've got two of the Hasegawa kits myself. One is waiting for this conversion to finally come out. The other is for a plain vanilla Jeep at an Israeli P-51 crash site.
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 03:23 PM UTC

That's a great idea about depicting the 1/24 Hasegawa and a P-51 at a crash site. I've thought about doing the same thing (assuming I'll ever get time to BUILD models again) with the Vintage Fighter's P-40.

Haven't ever come up with a solid plan for that one though I've thought on it many times. Perhaps a SAS party stumbles across a wrecked P-40 in the middle of nowhere. Or even a British P-40, weary beyond repair, giving up it's .50 cal to an eager SAS crew.

I'd love to create either diorama in the 1/24 scale as I think it'd be amazing. Unfortunately it looks like I'll be up late at night casting...and casting.... and....

Jim
Large Scale Armory
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 03:24 PM UTC
James: very nice kit. It is interesting to see posts of production development. As you indicated the initial photos are rather old, this might not be a necessary comment, but don't forget the solar compass on the SAS jeeps

Happy Modelling, -zon
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 04:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That's a great idea about depicting the 1/24 Hasegawa and a P-51 at a crash site. I've thought about doing the same thing (assuming I'll ever get time to BUILD models again) with the Vintage Fighter's P-40.

The irony is there is no Jeep in either of the photos I have, but the scavengers had to have gotten there somehow. Cool idea on having the SAS dudes scavenging the .50s.

The tail section is in my Armorama photo gallery. The whole project is probably 80% finished.

samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 04:58 PM UTC

Checked out the aircraft tail section in your gallery. Looks like you're doing an excellent job. Maybe you could post some WIP photos of this on a thread to show folks what is possible when you think outside the box (and scale).

I think that a really interesting build like yours in this scale is daring and I'd like to see more of it if you decide to post some photos. Makes me want to push everything aside and start building my own--- but at this point I feel that any further production delays would cause a lynch mob to be forming up shortly....

oops, I can hear them now.

Jim
Large Scale Armory
Goblin
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 07:50 AM UTC
Hi
I've just discovered this 1/24 jeep accessory conversation. I assume by now you have released your beautiful new sas kit. Where can I buy it?

samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 10:10 AM UTC
The SAS jeep kit will be released as soon as it is reviewed. There was a delay in the kit when a difficulty with the steerable front axle came to light. This has caused TWO revisions but I'm sure we've gotten the bugs worked out at this time.

LSA developement was also on hold over the holidays as we had to deal with a series of family crisis but these have largely been resolved as much as they can be. These were having to deal with some very, very serious health issues of immediate family and we unfortunately had to put much of life on hold temporarily. It has been a very rough time. On the bright side, I am glad that the timing of these crisis happened BEFORE we officially opened.

But now we are back home and once again able to put our efforts into getting LSA off the ground. The test builds should be done this week (I am promised by Friday) and shipping for review done immediately after.

thanks,
Jim
Large Scale Armory
chinook
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 09:20 AM UTC
Hello Jim, very glad to hear all is well now, I cant wait to get my hands on your SAS jeep set. Where will they be for sale in the states? I have waited for this set since your first post on it. Good luck on start up, Ray
leclerc
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 06:17 AM UTC
Hi Jim,

Any new regarding this kit? A fellow Japanese modeller is interested on it, and he has asked me to get any new regarding this.
Do you have a website or a Facebook site?

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!
NickBelbin
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 02:50 AM UTC
My first posting here . . .

I've been keeping an eye on the LRDG/SAS sets for quite a while now so will also be wanting to buy sets as soon as available.

Keep on casting!

Nick
Angel2Cabrera
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 05:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I only need this Tommy!!!! For this model and a ganster setting:

http://www.angelnoes.es/2015/06/chevrolet-standard-six-cabriolet-1932.html
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hi,

Thanks so much for your interest in this kit. Unfortunately it isn't one of the kits we've released already. We currently have 25 of our different kits released and available for purchase. At the moment we are simply doing this through private email. For a list of our current available kits and their contents please email me and I'll send them to you. Our email is:

[email protected]

We do not have a website at the moment but will be opening an Ebay store very soon. Until then you can get our stuff simply by contacting me.

Also, the SAS Jeep kit is a very large kit at well over a hundred individual pieces, most of them weapons and gear. It will be released through our Ebay store after we are certain that our production and processing capabilities are enough to handle all of our 48 different kits. We will also be adding another 5 kits to our "currently available kits" list this month. If all goes well then the rest will follow quickly.

Thanks!
Jim
Large Scale Armory
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2015 - 02:00 AM UTC
P.S.

Angel, the tommy and other weapons (perfect for a gangster era vehicle) are currently available so simply contact me and we'll get you set up.

thanks again,
Jim
Large Scale Armory
chinook
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 29 posts
Armorama: 28 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 03:49 AM UTC
Hello James, I have been trying to get in touch with you, are you still operating? if so can you please PM me, with your email address. Thanks Ray
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2016 - 09:44 AM UTC
Hi Ray,

Sorry for the delay, I'm so busy these days I usually only drop by the forum about once a week or so. Hopefully that will change once I get through the work crunch of remastering many of the early LSA pieces (including some key pieces holding up the SAS jeep's release). Found some of the earliest LSA gear wasn't up to the standard that I currently try to maintain so much of my earlier work is undergoing revision. So yes, we are still producing and yes, you can still contact me for whatever you need.

You can reach me easiest at [email protected] Been getting a lot of spam lately so please put "LSA" somewhere in the heading to help me find your request faster.

Thanks!
Jim
LSA
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 - 11:14 AM UTC
Jim, I emailed you via the email address above but I never heard back. Are you still producing resin sets? TIA
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Friday, November 18, 2016 - 04:30 PM UTC
Hi Mike,

Didn't see your email so please try again. Also, just so you know, LSA is currently TEMPORARILY shut down until the first of the year. We will be launching our Ebay store at that time and that is where the bulk of our sales will be at first. We hope to have a large percentage of our kits available (yes, including the SAS Jeep kit) at that time including several full resin kits. We will have actual kit content photos available once we get everything finally into production.

We've invested VERY heavily in 3D designed pieces over the last year or so and were struggling to bring the large number of new items into production while still selling. That is the reason for the temporary suspension of sales. We've been using that time to get all the new pieces finalized and into mold form. We have made amazing progress and are currently right on schedule.

These new 3D pieces have been designed by some of the best designers in the world and have turned out amazing. That will become very clear when we reveal our new kits. Some of these new pieces are revised versions of our existing production but the vast majority are new, never available in this scale items.

So please feel free to email me but please understand that we aren't doing any new orders for a little while so we can get all this incredible new stuff into kits.

Jim
LSA
ropeynz
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 01:34 AM UTC
Hi Jim

Will the new stuff include mannequins? I desperately need cres for the jeeps full of your equipment!

Perry
samkidd
Visit this Community
Alaska, United States
Posted: Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 03:13 AM UTC
As to the mannequins the answer is yes, they will be available when we reopen. It will be the same model mannequin (with 18 different heads available) as can be seen here:

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/LargeScaleArmory1-24scale/library/

There is a 2.0 version of these mannequins that is MUCH improved but it will not be ready by the time we will reopen. It should be ready shortly after that time but sadly it will have to miss the relaunch date. Even with the small break in sales the number of new items going into production is so much that we simply can't get everything done in time.

There are many of the older pieces that have gotten a new version to replace them so we are also purging the all the old stock to make sure that only the new versions are used in kits for sale. We'll do that with the mannequin as well once the new versions (4 of them, 2 males, 2 females) are ready.

Jim
LSA
 _GOTOTOP