_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Large Scale
Dioramas with large scale (1/16 plus) subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1/35 Airborne Dio?
ericdom
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:13 PM UTC
Hello Community,
With the plethora of high quality manufacturers, I wanted to know if anyone could kindly recommend a couple of good kits of a WWII Airborne-Carentan Dio that I am undertaking.

I already looked throughout Ebay, and I am just luckless trying to find a good kit. I have seen the Dragon Set, and think it would be a good kit, and have a couple of Verlinden Kits, but just looking something different.

Any info would be helpful and thanks a million
tutdiesel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:28 PM UTC
If you don't mind paying the price I personally feel that Nemrod has some of the best paratroopers out there. WHile expensive they have some great and diverse poses.
fanai
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 2,654 posts
Armorama: 208 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:42 PM UTC
Yes Friend Jasmils used Nemrod and they do a fine model of Paras for Carentan

Ian
ericdom
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 12:52 PM UTC
Wow! You are right. Those look great.

Do you think I am doing good by looking up photos from Google, of scenes from the Battle of Carentan

padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 555 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 01:22 PM UTC
that's one good source Eric i'm sure there are other sources, if not the guys here can help, if not just watch band of brothers when they were fighting in carentan, it may help.. just remember carentan was a battle fought by paras on both sides, the u.s. airbourne versus nazi germany's fallschirmjagers. Ant
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 - 07:58 PM UTC
Hello and I honestly don't like paying a lot of money for anything, I'll always do my best to buy cheep from ebay and then try and adapt that item to my dio, by luck and nothing else I came across something called Smolensk 1941 diorama, it comes with a blown plastic base, 2 tanks, and a few other items, it cost about £24.00, the vehicles will probably go onto another dio, the base I will try and copy, and basically this is what I have tried to explain, it honestly doesn't matter what you buy or use so long as its in scale, you can always paint and adapt. Good luck.
 _GOTOTOP