Holtz-Dk
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hi fellow modelbuilders

I am currently working on a Faun tank transport, the Trumpet kit 1/35

I have a plan doing a lot of the engineering equipment etc out there. During my search I continue to think about the Faun Firetrucks that have been used bu the german army, but so fare I have been unable to find any kits or plans.

Any out there that have found some or any plans. I am thinking about the type 8000 since it is a 8x8

Thanks!
tjkelly
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,132 posts
Armorama: 1,123 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 04:59 AM UTC
Per -

Welcome to Armorama! Unfortunately am unable to help you with your inquiry, but I'm sure there is a member here who will point you in the right direction. Haven't seen a lot of firetruck kits per say, but there may be a conversion set out there to help with your build.

Keep your fingers crossed! Cheers -

Tim
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 05:42 AM UTC
Hi Per

I know it's not much, but maybe this should get you started ...

Faun 4-Archer Fire Truck 1979

Faun FL 40.30x2-48v 8x8 Flugfeld Fire Truck 1978

More Faun trucks blueprints

Faun Flkfz 8000 detail pics on Primeportal website
HTH
Frenchy
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hi,

you have to be careful not to mess up two very similar looking tank transporters: The Elefefant and the Franziska. At first look they are the same, but they are actually very different. The Elefant is 8X8, the Franziska is 6X8 (Trumpeter kit) Other obvious difference is the windscreen, the one of the Franziska is a bit higher and closer to the roof. There are ofcourse other differences, but I just want to warn you that the Trumpeter vehicle is not the basis of the conversion you want to make (you can always scratchbuild ofcourse)

I see however that the fire engine is a 8X8 with a Franziska cab, so I guess the people at the Faun factory did also some changes to the drive train...I am officially confused now

Holtz-Dk
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 07:42 PM UTC
@mat

I was not going to use my Trumpeter kit for the firetruck, that one is going to be used as intended with a Gepard aa gun on the bed.
I would however love to do a Faun firetruck, thats the reason for asking.

@Frenchy

Thanks for the leads, I have found them. I also found this and the pagesshowing other Faun firetrucks in the Bundeswehr

http://galerie.bos-fahrzeuge.info/details.php?image_id=11491&mode=search

http://www.hansebubeforum.de/showtopic.php?threadid=13440&pagenum=1

But since I am not a scratch builder, I was hoping somebody knew about a 1/35 kit out there.

Thanks all so far for the help. Nice to have a comunity as this, and so many friendly people

okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Armorama: 806 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 02:18 PM UTC
Hi there

I came accross this photo of a Faun that might be of some use to you.

http://www.blaulichtfahrzeuge.net/img3205.search.htm

All the best

Nige
Holtz-Dk
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 12:02 AM UTC
Hi Nige

Thanks for the link, I had not found that picture.

I dont think there is any kits out there, so if I want to do a 1/35 of the 8000 I will have to do it from scratch. I dont have any experience in that field.

I have written to the Faun factory, but have recieved no answer yet.
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,597 posts
Armorama: 806 posts
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 - 01:33 AM UTC
Hi Per

You should seriously give it a go. It can be very good fun creating from scratch. There are so many guys on here that I have been getting tips from for my own builds that it makes it even more rewarding when you make something look like the original and you know that it has not come from a box of kit parts.

I struggle in 1/24 but enjoy the challenge. If it looks OK to me then I am happy well sometimes anyway

Some of the other guys make the 1/72 and 1/35 scratch look so real it beggers belief

Do it Per Move to dark arts of scratch

You could even join the campaign ACUTR
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=325

Nige
 _GOTOTOP