_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
WIP Strv 122
TuomasH
Visit this Community
Turku ja Pori, Finland
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 175 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 04:31 AM UTC
As my campaign build for Vikings, I am building Swedish Strv 122 aka. Leopard 2A5 from Hobby Boss. This will be straight OOB.

First step was to assemble suspension:

Wheels were assembled, but not yet glued in. I'll put them after I have painted them and the lower part of the hull.

Edit. Ah crap, wrong section -.- Admins could you move this to Armor/AFV section?
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 07:57 AM UTC
Off to a good start.

Cleaning up the thick anti-skid is a pain. I'm starting on the Leo 2A5 DK.

Paul
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 09:44 AM UTC
Tuomas,

I wish I had more time to join you in this campaign (but I'm trying to be realistic this time).
Looks like interesting start - I'll be following this one!

Andrzej
The_Swede
Visit this Community
Jönköping, Sweden
KitMaker: 327 posts
Armorama: 259 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 - 10:11 PM UTC
A warning!
Don't mount the APU on the rear right corner as the instruction says.
We don't have that in Sweden.

/Thord
maximus8425
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 - 12:04 AM UTC
Yup I made that mistake on mine but managed to rectify it. The correct parts are on the sprues though so no worries. This is mine that I was building, sort of fallen by the wayside because of work though. Have to get motivated again.

http://armorama.com/forums/105093#867941

Max
TuomasH
Visit this Community
Turku ja Pori, Finland
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 06:31 AM UTC
I have jointed upper and lower hulls now together, nothing too big yet to show images.

You mentioned about the APU unit, I had no idea what it was and I mounted it accidentally Then I begun to check Max's topic and noticed my fault. Nothing unrepairable happened yet.

Quoted Text

The correct parts are on the sprues though so no worries.

Can you remember what part that were? I can't imagine fitting any of these parts I have still in my sprues to that hole. Or do you mean that I should be able to make them with cut & sand technique as you did?
maximus8425
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 320 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 07:09 AM UTC
Can't remember the numbers but they are on the sprues. I did make my own then found the correct ones and fitted them.

Max
TuomasH
Visit this Community
Turku ja Pori, Finland
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 01:55 AM UTC
I finished building stage of the kit this morning. It was quick and fun to build, and most parts fitted well. Some filling and sanding before primer.

I put this to a halt now and I'll order paints for this. I use Lifecolor acrylics and I decided to use UA001 Dark Green, UA055 Bright Green and normal black for the splinter camo.

From this angle you can see how badly some of the front turrets plates fitted (However the main gun plate fitted well and looks akward here only because the gun is raised). I need to fill them before primer.

The Turret boxes scratches the engine deck, but I'ts not real problem since I'll turn the turret bit sideways when finished.

ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,092 posts
Armorama: 1,607 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2009 - 05:39 PM UTC
The instructions are wrong. Only the front folded cover should be mounted on the commanders hatch. Not the one behind it which is identical to the one of the loader's hatch.

Also there is a rectangular box that should be mounted over the triangle shaped apparatus that is part of the engine deck lifting mechanism on the rear deck.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP