Hosted by Darren Baker
Something nice for all the T55 Fans
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 03:11 AM UTC
Ola People I was at the war and resistance museum in Overloon this weekend with a meeting of the twenot (Dutch Armor association). Here I met some guys from Armorama but you can read more of this in an article from Ronny "Roadkill" Besides a modeling contest and a lot of stuff for sale there was also a driving T55 and Though I`m not a modern armor fan I thought it would be nice to take some pics of it for the people who do like it.
So here it is then

T55 walkaround in Overloon
Sarge59
Visit this Community
Nord, France
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2003 - 06:44 PM UTC
great !

thanks for the pics Faust !

leo1vtanker
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Monday, June 16, 2003 - 12:13 AM UTC

Please be aware that this vehicle is not a production vehicle and as such has many fittings and details not found on regular T55 production vehicles. I was told by one of the volunteers of the museum that this is one of five experimental T55A vehicles. This vehicle was used to experiment with a magnetic anti mine system. The system however was a complete failure and so the vehicles were set aside. After the end of the cold war this particular vehicle was aquired practically for free by the Overloon museum.

Oh, and the reason for the failure of the anti mine system was that anything with electronics that came in a radius of 100 mtrs. of the vehicle was destroyed. Not very handy on a modern battlefield!!

Regards
Marcel Jussen
 _GOTOTOP