_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Voyager Tiger I Barrel
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 03:57 PM UTC
Bill Cross provides a review of Voyager's Tiger I (early) turned aluminum barrel with brass muzzle brake and resin mantlet.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 04:41 PM UTC
A good review Bill and you already answered my question "why the resin mantlet" with your "I have no idea" , I have to say this looks a really good AM item but that price must hit sales.
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 - 06:24 PM UTC
The mantlet worries me a little... it's the old flat-faced type developed for the Tiger (P). I don't see the small notch in the bottom left corner that was incorporated to clear the periscopes on that vehicle.

David
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 02:07 AM UTC
Thanks, David, for weighing in on this, you are the recognized expert here on this type of thing. As I stated in my review (and which I'm glad Darren found entertaining!), I have no idea why the resin mantlet other than for "fit." I will likely not even use it, but adapt the barrel to whatever Tiger kit I use it in. There is no attaching hooks or other means of securing the mantlet, but I did not let that affect my review, since the barrel was the real focus. That may be an oversight on my part, but I will let the reader decide. The price of this item likely will make it less-attractive anyway, especially with alternatives out there.
 _GOTOTOP