Hosted by Darren Baker
Kits I'd like to see
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 08:25 AM UTC
These are a list I'd like to see done in 1/48th scale by Tamiya. You are welcome to share your input!

Bradley
Abrams
Paladin
Humvee (with ASK)
Brumbaer
panzer I
panzer II
M5 Stuart
M3 Stuart
M3 Lee/Grant
T-72
M60 A1
M60 A2
M48
M27
T34/85
Panzer 38(t)
Marder III H
Nashorn
Sheridan
Chafee
M18
Jackson

Like i said before, feel free to add whatever youde like!

(do i see an Email to tamiya in the future......
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 08:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

These are a list I'd like to see done in 1/48th scale by Tamiya. You are welcome to share your input!

Bradley
Abrams
Paladin
Humvee (with ASK)
Brumbaer
panzer I
panzer II
M5 Stuart
M3 Stuart
M3 Lee/Grant
T-72
M60 A1
M60 A2
M48
M27
T34/85
Panzer 38(t)
Marder III H
Nashorn
Sheridan
Chafee
M18
Jackson

Like i said before, feel free to add whatever youde like!

(do i see an Email to tamiya in the future......

Well you covered a lot but I can add:

Jagdtiger
Merkava
Challenger
M-113
JS-1 JS-2 JS-3
ISU-152
M16 halftrack
234 puma
calvin_ng
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 08:38 AM UTC
personally i would like to see all of that covered in 1/35 including the m1025 with ASK if they havent all been covered. why i say this is because at age 14 im 5 foot 9 with HUGE hands! not lying at all. LOL
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 08:50 AM UTC
I'd like to see all the modern vehicles already mentioned here in 1/48... plus more.

There is one other thing I wish model manufacturers in general would do.. and that is include figures with the kits they make.. like Tamiya used to to do. Like Tumpeter's Italian Ariet would have a couple of italian crew figures. It's kind of difficult trying to find Italian, German, British and French modern tank crews to go with some of the kits available.

Cheers
Hisham
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 09:02 AM UTC
Amen to all responses. 1/35 is good, but i just dont have the room anymore

Calvin- glad to see im not the only 15 year-old!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 08:21 PM UTC
Why Tamiya? What AFV Club are doing in 1/48th scale is of a much higher quality that that of Tamiya. They don't, as yet, have as many items in their range as Tamiya, but they ARE comitted to the scale.

I doubt you'll see many of these releases from Tamiya. 1/48th scale sales have been disappointing from them (partly due to the similarity in price to 1/35th) and due to the reluctance of many to try something different. Only the vehicles which have an application with Airfield dioramas have sold well.

You MIGHT see the vehicles which share a (broadly) common chassis with others such as the M10, Marder III etc. But don't build up any illusions that they're going to invest in new-tooling any time soon.

As to figures, i'd like to see some serious attempts at injection-moulded figures - not just re-scaling of their (pitiful) 1/35th range.

1/48th scale will continue but it needs someone like DML to REALLY energize the market. Long-term it's NOT looking very positive...
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 09:19 PM UTC
I'd like to see more 1/35 WWI and inter-war stuff in plastic, because what's currently out there (like the Emhar offerings and the Tauro A7V) are - to put it kindly - not exactly state-of-the-art.

- Steve
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 08:46 AM UTC
I say Tamiya becuase, to date, i have only built Tamiya. Each kit that i have built in this range have been really, really fun. I have not yet tried an AFV Club kit, but i do want to.

And yes, i hope DML will join the game. However, if they do, we will probably only see German stuff, like some completely rediculous vehicles and test subjects and no Allied "common Joe" vehicles.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Tamiya for build quality and fit and ease and reliablity are second to none and yes I have built other brands. You can clearly tell the difference between a kit made in Japan and one in China.

Sorry to break this to you, but Tamiya actually sub-contract mould-making to China.

The quality of Chinese mould-making is now the best in the world - no-one is even coming close. So 'telling the difference' is total nonsense. Tamiya were, for many years, Kings of the Hill, other manufacturers have taken over. I don't think there is a single manufacturer (apart from the figure manufacturers) who don't use Chinese companies as sub-contractors. Airfix use China, Tamiya, Revell (Germany) use China. Mould-making is a VERY expensive business indeed..
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:35 PM UTC
Per sprue? its a wonder how they make any money.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:50 PM UTC
Jon, don't quote me on that - it's a figure that's been hovering about for a while. Some sources are talking about $100k ++ for a new release. Obviously that becomes less when when variants are produced but, whatever way you look at it, it's SERIOUS investment.

Posiibly that's why manufacturers don't gamble much with obscure vehicle subjects?
 _GOTOTOP