Modern help
dasmith
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 06:27 AM UTC
Hello all,
I was hoping that someone with in this group could help me find some companies out there that are making 1/48th modern vehicles of all types,nationalities softskin, AFV , MBT's either in resin or plastic I am not to keen on the toy conversions out there so full kits are a must . I figured out my figure needs and will be using the fantastic figures by HLBS but now I need some vehicles to set these off. Also is there any word on the possible release date for the Tamiya Hummvee without the F-117?
I appreciate the time as this scale is new to me any help would be greatly appreciated.
Derek
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 06:35 AM UTC
Academy do some stuff in 48 scale and there is a company called kitech i think that do a lot of modern stuff in 48 i have seen some of there stuff on evil bay hope that helps
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 07:00 AM UTC
"Propaganda Kompany" has a big selection of resin vehicles and figures... but they are kind of expensive.

http://www.propaganda-kompany.com/

Hope you find what you're looking for

Cheers
Hisham
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 08:17 AM UTC
The Kitech and Zhengdefu kits are the motorized toys you are talking about. Not much redeeming value in most of them. Arii made a series of Patriot missile components on fictitious vehicles and they did a Scud series too.

Aoshima made an M1A2 that was designed to be motorized with a wired remote. It really isn't that bad. I think Gasoline makes a resin track set for it.
dasmith
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 03:11 PM UTC
Greetings,
I thank you all who have given me imput, I think I will try and stay away from the kitech stuff even with propaganga updates look just o.k. this also goes for the academy stuff as I heard that they use the same chassis for all of their kits to bad on both counts because they seem to be the only game in town for plastic . Hisham went to propagandas site diffently some things there for sure , how is the quality versus price , service shipping and such don't mind paying the price as long as what you get is worth it. anyone built any of his stuff or some of the Gasoline modern amx10 M1A1 how does it compare if so and how do they build out super pain in the butt or fall together on there own . thanks d
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 01:27 AM UTC
Track48 specializes in 1/48 scale armor. Since you have a lot of questions, I would direct you to that site. Even some of the cottage industry makers participate on that site. They also have a webstore so you can see some 1/48 scale items that are available, but mainly for WW2 vehicles.
http://www.track48.com/shop/home.php
 _GOTOTOP