_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AFV Club's Churchill III - First Steps
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 - 12:24 AM UTC
The other day, I began the construction of AFV Club's Churchill III in 1/35th scale. I had already been over it pretty thoroughly with the Review:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/review/3918

however, good as any Review can ever hope to be, it can never compete with a build. So, here are the first couple of steps.

I began with the gun assembly which is very straightforward. As to fit, I had to slightly open the access hole for the barrel. It went in snugly and I added a drop of superglue just to cement it in. The BESA hasn't been added yet,

Putting that to one side, I began what looks to be the most daunting part of the model - the suspension. AFV Club chose to recreate it as closely as possible which calls for several sub-assemblies. This is the first, the sponsons:

One of the items which are included, as seperate parts, are the large rivets on thse side sponson. Given the chioce, I would definitely have gone for the seperate (Brass) rivets that the company sell seperately. As can be seen some cleaning up is necessary with a few of the kit-supplied ones.

More to come...
 _GOTOTOP