_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Challenger 2 (2 Royal Tank Regiment)
GlennD
Visit this Community
South Africa
KitMaker: 16 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 - 07:05 PM UTC
Can anyone assist with a photo/s or know where to obtain (link) of Challenger 2 "Zero Bravo" from BADGER Sqn 2 RTR?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
soprano54
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 11:03 AM UTC
Try here:-

www.plain-military.tripod.com
GlennD
Visit this Community
South Africa
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 - 09:24 PM UTC
Hi Andy

Many, thanks for the reply. Some very nice photos. Obtained previously from the same site, also a 2RTR deployment on Salisbury Plain. Do you by any chance know if DS55AA saw service in the gulf under Op Telic? I've noticed since 2RTR's return that certain tank no's have changed
e.g. "20" (DR 51 AA to DS 63 AA) and "31" (DS 01 AA to 62 KK 08).

Kind Regards
GlennD

soprano54
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 - 04:32 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Andy

Many, thanks for the reply. Some very nice photos. Obtained previously from the same site, also a 2RTR deployment on Salisbury Plain. Do you by any chance know if DS55AA saw service in the gulf under Op Telic? I've noticed since 2RTR's return that certain tank no's have changed
e.g. "20" (DR 51 AA to DS 63 AA) and "31" (DS 01 AA to 62 KK 08).

Kind Regards
GlennD

Sorry mate I can't help you there, the chances are it probably did but probably in a different Sqn or even Regiment! That's Whole Fleet Management (Rent a Tank) for you I'm afraid, anyway here's some more pics!

CombatKrieg
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 517 posts
Armorama: 382 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 11, 2009 - 03:45 AM UTC
Got a question here...

Is there any standard protocol to giving vehicles their registration numbers like eg "43KK05" and then there's "DS18AA" which was destroyed by the way...

Thanks!
GlennD
Visit this Community
South Africa
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2009 - 07:16 PM UTC
Hi Andy

Once again many thanks for your reply and the pics. First time that I actually see 0B and 0C together. Nice, thank you. Like your statement about "Rent-A-Tank". The French are the same as I had the same problem trying to ID registration no's against Escadrons/Pelatons. Gave up. With regard to Challenger in 2RTR, the only thing which I think (hope) remains constant is tank names against their specific no e.g. 0B = Badger, 0C = Battleaxe etc. OK, to a point I suspose as I have a list of names but this was when the tank squadrons consisted of approx 12 tanks with 4 x 3 tank troops. With regard to this, I've starterd "zomming" in on "31" and trying to find the name. Pics that I got it's quite difficult. The latest batch from 2RTR looks like two words, so possibly "BACK SLIDER". Someone is torturing me as one of the oics the name is just cut off. Previous pic it looked like "BLOODSTONE". Maybe I should have a few ales and then look again. Any info would be great. Once again many thanks for your response.

Kind Regards
Glenn
soprano54
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 11:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Andy

Once again many thanks for your reply and the pics. First time that I actually see 0B and 0C together. Nice, thank you. Like your statement about "Rent-A-Tank". The French are the same as I had the same problem trying to ID registration no's against Escadrons/Pelatons. Gave up. With regard to Challenger in 2RTR, the only thing which I think (hope) remains constant is tank names against their specific no e.g. 0B = Badger, 0C = Battleaxe etc. OK, to a point I suspose as I have a list of names but this was when the tank squadrons consisted of approx 12 tanks with 4 x 3 tank troops. With regard to this, I've starterd "zomming" in on "31" and trying to find the name. Pics that I got it's quite difficult. The latest batch from 2RTR looks like two words, so possibly "BACK SLIDER". Someone is torturing me as one of the oics the name is just cut off. Previous pic it looked like "BLOODSTONE". Maybe I should have a few ales and then look again. Any info would be great. Once again many thanks for your response.

Kind Regards
Glenn

Glenn.

You need to look no further!

http://www.royaltankregiment.com/en-GB/2rtrtankvehiclenames.aspx

Regards Andy
GlennD
Visit this Community
South Africa
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 04:13 AM UTC
Hi Andy

Cannot thank you enough. You just made my Blue Monday "White". Owe you a couple of ales if/when you come to SA. Speaking of o which you not by any chance a soccer fan and/or comming out for 2010 World Cup?

Once again, many many thanks.

Glenn
soprano54
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 11:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Andy

Cannot thank you enough. You just made my Blue Monday "White". Owe you a couple of ales if/when you come to SA. Speaking of o which you not by any chance a soccer fan and/or comming out for 2010 World Cup?

Once again, many many thanks.

Glenn

Always a pleasure.......................never a chore!

Andy
 _GOTOTOP