_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
German Gun Crews from Trumpeter
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 10:52 PM UTC
Trumpeter have once again given us an advance view of New products under development - the two sets are for German Howitzer Crews in 1/35th scale. Both of these sets are COMPLETELY New-Toolings and, according to the (U.S.) Importer, are scheduled for release in 2nd Quarter 2009. The Photo-Report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 02:22 AM UTC
These sets look really promissing!

thanks for sharing this information!
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 02:41 AM UTC
Hi

You mention they are work in progress. I hope they are because in my opinion they are pretty bad.

Whilst the actual poses look interesting and obviously relate to the Howitzer they would be manning, there are some anatomical errors. For example the lower legs seem too short on some figures, and the feet on all seem to small given they are wearing boots. The heads on some seem too large. The clothing creases and folds are poorly represented especially in the figure holding his hands to his head. Which brings me on to another point. If he's covering his ears to protect them during firing, surely any figures with him should be doing the same.

Put simply, not up to today's standards which we have become accustom to from people like Dragon, Tristar, Masterbox and Miniart.

Alan
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 03:21 AM UTC
I think they look pretty good overall. Im not going to nitpick the small stuff. Hell, I wish their modern figures came out that good, because (with the exception of the weapons) they were really trash.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 04:31 AM UTC
Unfortunately, Trumpeter's figures are not improving like their vehicles. They're not totally useless, but they always seem not anatomically correct.. and their faces leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure there are better sculptors out there thay can comission.

I hope the modern figures they're working on will be better than these.

Cheers
Hisham
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 - 06:49 AM UTC
DML's howitzer crew literally blows them away. I'm not one normally to rate the two companies, but I agree that Trumpeter needs to spend some $$$ and hire better sculptors. This isn't a molds issue. These are Tamiya quality and that's pretty low.
 _GOTOTOP