_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Large Scale
Dioramas with large scale (1/16 plus) subjects.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Access to finished Dioramas Required
Rufusx10
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 02:13 AM UTC
Hi there,

I am photographer doing a project on war dioramas and I need to get in touch with modellers who have large scale dioramas that they would allow me access to.

In each case I would need a couple of hours (supervised) to set up tripods, lighting and photograph these dioramas in large format and great detail.

I am looking for UK based modellers who would be happy to share their projects with me. Budget restrictions mean that I cannot pay you for this, but I would provide you with quality prints of your work.

Anyway, please get in touch if you know anyone who lives in the UK (ideally around the London area) and who would be willing to show off their handywork for a good cause.

Thanks for your time,

Rufus
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 10:38 AM UTC
Hello Rufus, I have both good and bad news, the good news is I live in the U.K and building a WW1 diorama, the bad news, this will take quite some time for me to complete, my idea is to build 10 segments 6" by 12" finally making a 2 foot square, to give you some idea, check my thread - during the war pt 2 - this is where I will dump some photo's a write follow ups to this diorama. As far as I am aware, no one has ever done anything like this before, it won't win any prises as my skill level is quite low, nevertheless, I build for fun, and due to your request and very few answers (I'm being nice) I thought I'd click away and let you know that I am building a 2 foot by 2 foot WW1 diorama that will be made up by 12 segments mesuring 6" by 12".
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 10:53 PM UTC
Hello Rufus, sorry almost forgot to add the reason for segmented dioramas is quite simply the lack of floor space and storage, although 2 foot by 2 foot by copy of the surrounding segments, one can easily add to this system and basically build as large as you like, battlefield that can open into an air-field, or perhaps dockyard, only limited by imagination.
 _GOTOTOP