_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Resicast UK Soldiers
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 02:53 PM UTC
Alan McNeilly reviews one of Resicast's older sets, two UK soldiers climbing onto vehicle.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 07:16 AM UTC
Hey Al,
Nice review !!
I have this set along with several of the other ones that were designed for the Resicast Ram Kangaroo that I also picked up.
I like Resicast's figures but they always seem kinda petite and skinny.
Not a real problem considering that, IIRC, many Commonwealth soldiers in WW II ranged from the minimum 5' to well over 6' tall !!
Talk about dwarfs and giants
Cheers

jjumbo
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 10:21 AM UTC
Hi John,

Would agree they tend to be of slight build but fit OK with , Tamiya, Accurate Armour, Ultracast and HobbyFan figs that I have.

Wouldn't used them mixed with Dragon, MB, or MiniArt , theirs tend to be bigger in all proportions.

Mind you Resicast have the biggest selection of British/Commonwealth Infantry and Tankers that I can think off. Strangely no crew for their 3" Mortar or MG Crew in BD to fit with the majority of the rest of the Company!

Wolf possibly make the best proportioned bodies, but they are very expesnive and have a very limited range of Commonwealth troops.

Provided you mix them appropriately they work well, but the odd set of broader shoulders would be good too.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP