_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern Armor
Modern armor in general.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri M 113 A1 US armoured carrier (Photo)
Shahrid
Visit this Community
Damansara, Malaysia
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 04:58 AM UTC
This 1:35 scale armoured personnel carrier was made out of the box from Italeri.
Since I am still a baby in this hobby , there are many flaws in my work. Comments are appreciated.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 05:06 AM UTC
Really nice work. I love the interior! You may want to paint the periscopes gloss black or dark blue so they look like glass. Also, I would paint the headlights with some silver paint.

Keep 'em coming!!
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 05:54 AM UTC
Looks good, a couple of notes on the taillights. The right rear one is crooked and the only part that should be red is the half moon indent on the top. The small bar indent should be gloss black. Another painting note is the inside of the ramp should be the exterior color and not the interior color. Seats cushions don't look the right color, but that's OK. It also looks like you mounted the whoopie light (big bubble gum machine-looking thing on the left rear top of the hull). That's something seen on vehicles stationed in Europe and they are normally orange (like on a tow truck).

Overall, I think you did an outstanding job! Keep up the good work.

BTW, is the right front tow hook missing or is it just the angle of the photograph?
Hawkeye
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 701 posts
Armorama: 640 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 06:08 AM UTC
If that is one of your first efforts then i think you have a lot to be pleased about. Is a very good M-113, congrats!!

Later
Hawkeye
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 07:27 AM UTC
Quite good to be one of your first models. The only thing I can say, on top of what Sabot pointed out, is that the ends of the towing cables look a bit too shiny for my "taste", but pics can be tricky...
Ciao
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 07:55 AM UTC
I like it! But then again I really like all things M113!

The drivers side inboard headlight was molded upside down (it's not your fault..) the hood should be above the light.
I'm also not so sure about the woodbrown handles and framing for the 50cal.. the handles maybe, but not the frames they are in.
The MG42/Mg3 on the deck is a bit out of place as well, but not impossible.

I like that you didn't make that Alica pack a prostitute... no visable means of support..-grin-
That's a common beginners mistake.

Keep up the good work. Academy makes a lot of different ( and in my opinion better detailed) M113 variants too.

Nice work, keep it up and have fun.
Mike
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 10:42 AM UTC
Good catch on the blackout drive. I never noticed that, of course I've never built an Italeri M113, although I do own one.

I've seen .50 cal handles in black or dark brown natural wood, but you're right about the butterflies, they should be gunmetal. I just don't want anyone to think I'm tearing at someone's model.
Delta42
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 616 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 01:04 PM UTC
Great job. It looks much better than my first attempt at modeling. Others have covered all of the things that I saw. The only problem with the available M113 models right now is that they leave a lot of detail off. This of course is not your problem, and unless you were very familiar with the actual vehicle, you would never see many of these. keep up the great work. I'm sure we will see more from you as time goes on.

Dave
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
KitMaker: 1,538 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 01:18 PM UTC
Looks great! What color did you use for the interior? I'm building Academy's Zelda myself and I didn't like the first coat of interior green I put on it.
SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 03:04 PM UTC
GREAT WORK - CONGRATS
ROBERTO
Shahrid
Visit this Community
Damansara, Malaysia
KitMaker: 116 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 - 06:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What color did you use for the interior?

Well Jeepney , I use Model Master pazergrun for the interior.
Thanx guys for your comments......much appreciated.
 _GOTOTOP