_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Academy 1/35 modern Israeli infantry
Nightstrike
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 114 posts
Armorama: 107 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 06:46 AM UTC
Hey Guys recently bought this set of figures for a dio. When i began to make them I thought that they looked a bit small. When compared to other 1/35 figures they were a lot smaller indeed so much so that they will not fit the dio ! Anyone else had this trouble ????
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 08:07 AM UTC
That is seen more on older asian-manufacturers figures. In Asia people are smaller compared to western people, so that automatically makes a difference.

Lars
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 08:19 AM UTC
I found these figures to be wayy to small, especially next to other manufactures IDF figures.Forget about using them next to any Verlinden IDF figs, they look like children! Its a shame cos the figures arent altogether that bad. You could use them on their own in a diorama...
Nightstrike
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 02:53 AM UTC
Yea I like the figures they are good. Think i will just use them on their own like you suggest. Just wondered if it was a bad batch or was this comman place. Bought Academy IDF tanker crew at the same time and they are normal size strange eh ?
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 04:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yea I like the figures they are good. Think i will just use them on their own like you suggest. Just wondered if it was a bad batch or was this comman place. Bought Academy IDF tanker crew at the same time and they are normal size strange eh ?

Are those tankers released later compared to the infantry? If so, many "newer" figures are more correct sizes.

Lars
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 04:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Are those tankers released later compared to the infantry?

Yes, the IDF Infantry set was one of their first figure sets. The IDF tankers came about a few years later. Both sets are good with lots of details. The infantry guys are just smaller in stature. Gotta love the guy in shades...too cool!
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 11:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Guys recently bought this set of figures for a dio. When i began to make them I thought that they looked a bit small. When compared to other 1/35 figures they were a lot smaller indeed so much so that they will not fit the dio ! Anyone else had this trouble ????

If you have a question about miniature figure's stature, just grab your trusty ruler. In 1/35th scale, a 5'10" man stands exactly two inches tall. If you invest in a 1/35th scale ruler, you can actually measure his exact scale height, of course, but an ordinary ruler will at least tell you if he's drastically tall or short. For instance, most classic Tamiya figures scale out at 5'6" tall, average stature for Japan, but a mite short for a European.
Nightstrike
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 03:45 AM UTC
Thanks for the good tip !!!!
 _GOTOTOP