_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
wheels for desert storm hummer
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 835 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 07:48 AM UTC
I am looking at some after market wheels for my hummer. first, does anyone recomend a particular set? Second, would a desert storm hummer have the old or new tread type. I am looking on greatmodels and I am not sure which ones would be correct. Thanks for the help.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2002 - 08:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am looking at some after market wheels for my hummer. first, does anyone recomend a particular set? Second, would a desert storm hummer have the old or new tread type. I am looking on greatmodels and I am not sure which ones would be correct. Thanks for the help.

The new radial HMMWV tires were still not common in the early 90s. So basically the old style tires would be more common. That being said, new type tires might have been on some vehicles. Unsure of which aftermarket tires are better/available.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2002 - 02:30 AM UTC
Andrew,

For Hummers during that time period, I used Verlinden's old set. These were always nice, but have been gone for some time now. I made a set on my own (knock-offs) so I'd always be able to have tires for my miniatures. If you can't find Verlinden's, I'll send you one of my sets. Just let me know...

I also like the TC Berg set out of Japan. Again, long out of production, and hard to get, but the aggressive pattern molded on these resin tires make a radical impression on the Hummers from that time period.

Gunnie
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 04:12 AM UTC
Gunnie,

How much for one of those sets?

Matt
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 - 07:52 AM UTC
I ended up ordering some. I forget the company but if I recall they where about $12 for the set. The where ordered from sqaudron. The quality between the ones I got and the ones that came with the italeri kit are night and day. I would consider them a must have for italeri kits myself.
jakes357
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 01:32 AM UTC
Just received a nice set of humvee tires & wheels from AEF as part of a conversion kit,they are the old style tread pattern.I don't know if they are sold separately or not but Tony can be reached at (303) 371-0587. I've had good luck dealing with this company and like his products. Hope this helps you out.
drewgimpy
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2002 - 04:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tony can be reached at (303) 371-0587. I've had good luck dealing with this company and like his products. Hope this helps you out.

I like AEF stuff but I have to warn others about doing business with him. About 3-4months ago I ordered 3 things from him, 2 where incomplete. Since then there have been 3 phone calls and at least as many e-mails promissing the missing parts. What have I gotten since the, nothing. Its bad enough screwing up 2/3 of the order but continued empty promises have really upset me. I think I will try one more time to get the parts and if I don't then I will post the whole story in the junk drawer or something.
 _GOTOTOP