_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
DML Bison I
Damraska
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 580 posts
Armorama: 499 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 12:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I think I decided to go with Tristar's from eyeballing various pictures- the kit's items seemed a bit big.

Hi James,

The picture you posted clearly shows the smaller position lights on the Bison. Good catch. I now conjecture there may have been two sizes of position lights on the Panzer I Ausf. A and Ausf. B series tanks--a small and a medium small light. Both appear smaller than the position lights in the DML Panzer I Ausf. B kits. The Panzer I for Bulgaria appears to carry two of the larger headlights on the fenders but no central headlight.

-Doug
lukiftian
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 791 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 09:40 AM UTC
Built, there have been a number of issues, the most notable are the pin marks for OVM not required on this kit. Another omission is the instrument panel which can be clearly seen in the finished model and the instructions, where is it in the kit??? I had to scratchbuild one. The SiG 33 is overengineered and extremely challenging to build. The instructions call out wrong parts and leave out parts that need to be added. The finished model requires planning to build properly, the modeler should use the instructions as a guide rather than gospel. Good luck.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 09:44 AM UTC
Hail, necromancer!

Sorry to hear the DML Bison has issues. I built the Alan version myself and it was a real chore - let it sit for a year due to aggravation but finally finished it. Not terribly accurate and the fit is hella poor.
Uruk-Hai
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 795 posts
Armorama: 472 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 10:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Built, there have been a number of issues, the most notable are the pin marks for OVM not required on this kit. Another omission is the instrument panel which can be clearly seen in the finished model and the instructions, where is it in the kit??? I had to scratchbuild one. The SiG 33 is overengineered and extremely challenging to build. The instructions call out wrong parts and leave out parts that need to be added. The finished model requires planning to build properly, the modeler should use the instructions as a guide rather than gospel. Good luck.

Im building this kit right now and I have the same experience. Worst is the suspension of gunwheels. Although I have the instrument panel in the kit its not included in the instructions. And they tell you to put the lower bar on the rear in wrong place obmitting the support bar at all.

Its hard to tell from the instructions exact position of many parts and I found myself checking references, mostly Achtung Panzer and PMMS SIG comparison.

Cheers
Janne Nilsson
 _GOTOTOP