Hosted by Darren Baker
[DML]sPz. Abt. 502 #100 TIGER I Inital
p96260
Visit this Community
Guangdong, China / 简体
KitMaker: 45 posts
Armorama: 44 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 10:08 PM UTC
HIHI...MY NEW WORK, THE DRAGON MODEL‘S NEW TIGER I.

sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 11:06 PM UTC
Very nice.

I am fighting with the links on my Revell kit.

How did it build up?

Cheers

Mike
wing_nut
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
Armorama: 674 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 03:56 AM UTC
Very nicely done. This kit is moving up very fast to the top of my pile. Anything that we need to watch out for in the build?
p96260
Visit this Community
Guangdong, China / 简体
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 08:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nicely done. This kit is moving up very fast to the top of my pile. Anything that we need to watch out for in the build?

Thank you.

A little problem I met was the hull assembling.

The others could be fix very easily, just enjoy the happy hour.
p96260
Visit this Community
Guangdong, China / 简体
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 08:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice.

I am fighting with the links on my Revell kit.

How did it build up?

Cheers

Mike

Hi, Mike, It's one piece DS track.
tjkelly
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,132 posts
Armorama: 1,123 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 - 07:01 AM UTC
Nicely done. Like your finish and weathering, your lower hull and tracks turned out well! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers -
Tim
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 09:07 AM UTC
Excellent work Zane. Your build is an inspiration to me as I struggle on my own older DML Tiger I build. Did the curved support piece for the loaders hatch come with the kit or did you scratch it? How on earth did you bend up that PE engine deck box? I look at the one that came with mine and think...no way!

Great job!

tread_geek
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 09:10 PM UTC
Nice one Zane. How did you get on with the DS tracks? Did you need to shorten them? I like the way they have turned out. Very nice build like it alot cheers Geraint.
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 05:44 PM UTC
Zane,

I think that you did a really outstanding job with the kit especially like the weathering and tracks. Nice set of pics too! I have two of the 35th scale ones in the pile to build yet and will now have to go out and add this baby one to that pile after seeing yours. Hoping that mine will turn out half as good as yours.

Thanks for sharing another one of your builds.
-Eddy
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 03:19 AM UTC
A perfect kit and a wonderfull work.I have buy this kit ,few days ago,from Germany ,with a huge price...almost 18 EURO.I'm not sure if is worth....
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 04:53 AM UTC
Very nice build-up,Ilike the weathering especially your work on the tracks and the exhausts.Just one thought,should the inside of the hatches be a buff color? just nit-picking though,great job !
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 05:46 AM UTC
When I first read the title I was thinking that "hey, that initial tiger's not that new anymore" until I realised it's the new 1:72 scale kit. I thought it was 1:35. Very impressive work all round. Love the weathering and how you managed to avoid a monotonic appareance while still keeping the effect subtle.
The only thing that caught my eyes are the headlights, they're painted grey overall. A black wash could do wonders there.

Quoted Text

Just one thought,should the inside of the hatches be a buff color? just nit-picking though,great job !

Tank hatches are almost always painted with the exterior color to avoid an unhealthy (for the crew) pop-up target effect when opened.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 08:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

When I first read the title I was thinking that "hey, that initial tiger's not that new anymore" until I realised it's the new 1:72 scale kit. I thought it was 1:35. Very impressive work all round. Love the weathering and how you managed to avoid a monotonic appareance while still keeping the effect subtle.
The only thing that caught my eyes are the headlights, they're painted grey overall. A black wash could do wonders there.

Quoted Text

Just one thought,should the inside of the hatches be a buff color? just nit-picking though,great job !

Tank hatches are almost always painted with the exterior color to avoid an unhealthy (for the crew) pop-up target effect when opened.

thank-you for correcting my misunderstanding you learn something new everyday,but too late to correct my latest build,but I will remember that
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2009 - 08:46 PM UTC
Anthony,

As Eetu mentions:

Quoted Text

Closed German WWII vehicles such as tanks and assult guns used a standard light buff tan interior base color. Hatches or doors that opened outward were almost always painted in the exterior base color to match the color scheme when left open. As evidenced in actual photographs of the time you do see hatches or doors painted in the interior buff color, however this was not a common practice. Anthony, If you have already painted the interior hatches or doors in the interior buff color you would still be fine to leave it that way.

-Eddy
 _GOTOTOP