_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Wee Friends British Desert Tanker
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 03:37 AM UTC
Pat McGrath reviews British Desert Tanker Loading Ammunition #1, a 1/35 resin figure by Friendship Models.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 06:59 AM UTC
Hi Pat,

Nice review. On the belt issue I was talking with Graham about this as I mentioned similar missing buckles on the HobbyFan Tank Crew Review.

It seem there may have been a practice in some tank units to remove the rear to buckles as they tended to get caught on equipment and fittings etc. I think this is quite possible as it would make sense, but was probably a very unit specific thing.

When I first joined up we wore BD, anklets and ammo boots with the 37 pattern belt and frog as a second drill order. We also removed the rear buckles and it got me to wondering if this was a throw back to the armoured days. It's a long time ago now and I can't remember what the reasoning behind it was other than show but......it could also have been a regimental thing, Can't remember now too long ago.

Al

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2009 - 08:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Pat,

Nice review. On the belt issue I was talking with Graham about this as I mentioned similar missing buckles on the HobbyFan Tank Crew Review.

It seem there may have been a practice in some tank units to remove the rear to buckles as they tended to get caught on equipment and fittings etc. I think this is quite possible as it would make sense, but was probably a very unit specific thing.

That does make sense, may even have been a practice confined to "Old Sweats" in the unit.

montythefirst
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,055 posts
Armorama: 199 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 12:38 PM UTC
nice looking figure
 _GOTOTOP