Hosted by Darren Baker
Italeri "Special Forces" Stinger Hummer help
WEFITE4U
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 12:23 PM UTC
I got my hands on a Italeri kit No. 254 Special Forces Stinger Hummer. Does anyone have pictures of a HMMWV like this one? I have been in the Marine Corps for 15 years, been to several different countries including Iraq and Afghanistan and have never seen a HMMWV like this one.

The only thing i could find is here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/91&page=3

I plan to use a HMMWV interior detail set and resin tires.

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it.
thompyt
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 01:03 PM UTC
I was SHORAD ADA for the last part of my career. A "Stinger" HMMWV for a 14S MOS as depicted, I have never seen before. A "Stinger" truck would have racks for stinger case storage in the back, not mounted four to a pedestal. I myself would like to see that fired. They are soft top M998's though.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2009 - 01:42 PM UTC
It's an ancient (for HMMWV models) kit, sort of like the Desert Patrol kit, a "one of" that was built for demo but never entered into production. It is basically an M998 with a quad mount in the back. The standard back then was just the racks for the stinger cases in the back of a 2-door soft top.
WEFITE4U
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 18 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 01:33 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. I will see what i can do with this kit. I guess i will be going with the paint scheme on the box.
Thatguy
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 487 posts
Armorama: 451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 04:10 AM UTC
There have been a number of proposed and tested HMMWVs over the years. The Globalsecurity.org gallery for the HMMWV has a number of old promotional shots on it for proposed types. These include ones with mounts for the Mistral and Starstreak (referred to as "Starburst"), as well as a "Stinger Missile" 2-door hardtop. As it stands there are at least 6-10 configurations I know of that received formal designations in the US military, not counting conversions of various types to Avenger ADA vehicles. The number of vehicles tested is likely much more, and the number of configurations offered is likely even more than that.
 _GOTOTOP