_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
DML Elefant with Zimmerit
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 02:49 PM UTC
Bill Cross provides an In-Box review of the new Elefant with Zimmerit by DML in 1/35.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 11:52 PM UTC
Thanks Bill. The Zim does seem to be getting better and better with every new Dragon Zim kit, nice to see the irregular and damaged pattern. They've come a long way since the rare patterned Panther D and very neat strait unconvicing KT. I think the waffel patterned Stug really was the start of this revolution in Zim plastic kits. Its great news for modellers that have not the time or maybe the skills. I really hope that Dragon continue producing these Zim kits that are common vehicles with common patterns. Not like the late tiger also with its rare pattern and over deep scale depth to some areas of the kit. Looking at the Zim on this Elephant shows us that they are more than capable, and have the ability to produce kits on a par with the Resin AM people. Great review. Thanks geraint
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 04:07 AM UTC
Thanks, Geraint. Vinnie should get a generous nod for reviewing the non-Zim kit and setting the path. I agree that DML can do a better job on the Zimmerit and I'm glad to see they listen to modelers about it. I will be building the kit mostly OOB (will substitute Friuls because I can't stand rubber bands of ANY substance, and some tool clasps) once I finish my Panther D build.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 05:07 AM UTC
Thanks for the review,I picked up one of these at Mosquitocon last month and I look foward to getting started.
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Geraint. Vinnie should get a generous nod for reviewing the non-Zim kit and setting the path. I agree that DML can do a better job on the Zimmerit and I'm glad to see they listen to modelers about it. I will be building the kit mostly OOB (will substitute Friuls because I can't stand rubber bands of ANY substance, and some tool clasps) once I finish my Panther D build.

I'm with you on this on Ds tracks for tanks with sag is just plain IMHO its going backwards. Down with the Rubber Bands! I Bet Fruils are rubbing they're hands. Cheers Geraint
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 09:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I'm with you on this on Ds tracks for tanks with sag is just plain IMHO its going backwards. Down with the Rubber Bands! I Bet Fruils are rubbing they're hands. Cheers Geraint

I agree Friuls are great probably the best,but at $40.00 a pop +shipping...I will be using the DS tracks and making the best of it
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 10:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I agree Friuls are great probably the best,but at $40.00 a pop +shipping...I will be using the DS tracks and making the best of it

I have a set of Magic Tracks from the Premium Kit I'm selling here.
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 - 10:26 AM UTC
I agree Anthony. Why didn't they just put magic tracks in as well. That would please everyone and I dont think the price for the kit would alter. The only problem then, would be. Once you've opened the box, had a look around, you would never get the lid back on
 _GOTOTOP