_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
REVIEW
Alan B-4 203mm Howitzer
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 08:22 AM UTC
Mike High takes a look at the B-4 203mm Howitzer, a recent release by Alan in 1/35.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 10:30 AM UTC
Thanks for the review Mike. I think there is a "Battle of Berlin" diorama somewhere in my future that needs this kit.

Shaun
PanzerMike
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
KitMaker: 298 posts
Armorama: 162 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 01:01 PM UTC
Wow this looks like and awesome kit , i have a few of the AFV club Arty pieces in the stash and think i am going to have to branch out form tanks and buy this puppy.
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 03:40 PM UTC
Shaun, Mike....

All in all it's a decent kit. Yea, needs care and work to fix the issues, however, right now it's a whole lot cheaper than the Pit Road kit (IF you can find it). Trumpeter is supposedly going to release their version this month (May). I'm looking forward to seeing how that one pans out. Alas, for $29 one simply cannot complain (too much ). My "major" slam to the kit were the areas that didn't fully fill during the injection process....otherwise it's like a lot of the major brands (albeit much more); flash, seams, ejector marks....

Mike
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 01:38 PM UTC
MIKE. Thanks for the honest review.Looks like a tube of filler is needed. Sometimes its nice to have to break ovt the files and sanding sticks and get back to the roots of modelling. Ever since seeing this massive gun fireing on the streets of Berlin, I've wanted one. maybe I'll wait till Trump bring they'res out and way up the two. Cost v's Detail Thanks Geraint
 _GOTOTOP