_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
wwII: no cats allowed
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 10:17 AM UTC
(Important: It's only a half-serious post)

Since there is no WWII campaign where Tigers are not present (I'm sure there were some in the Pacific Campaign), not to mention how weird it is when people call 60 tons of steel "kitty", let's have a campaign where absolutely no tigers allowed.
You know, a sort of counter-culture; the emos of the modeling world unite in a Tigerless campaign. Any scale, any subject from the period...

OK, joke's off, before someone loses his temper.

russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 11:11 AM UTC
Pre '42 it would work. Or as a what if campaign-like what if the German high command had had some common sense and thought about making something more feasible. Or how about "size didn't matter". It's always possible to run with a topic. Just watch out for the cliff.
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 11:15 AM UTC
what, are you allergic to cats or something?
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 02:03 AM UTC
I know that the post is only half-serious, but seriously speaking I wouldn't join this campaign... Subject covers almost all vehicles of WWII excluding just few German (Puma - Sd.Kfz. 234/2, Panzer II Ausf. L "Luchs", Panthers, Tigers (including Jagd, Sturm and Berge) etc...)
Builds would not have almost any common feature and as such they would be hard to consider as a goup build ("Warld War II without three vehicles campaign" )

My 0,02$

A.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 06:46 AM UTC
Let's just exclude Tigers then

(And yes, unfortunately I'm allergic to cats -in more than one way . So if I want one it's either the sphynx or the transgenic one with no allergenic proteins in its saliva. Both are very expensive.)

Seriously, though, the Tiger-worship is a little bit too much. Just read the wiki entries.
Kastanova
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 150 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 03:59 AM UTC
Correct on the Tiger it was a big lump of steel with a loud gun and fresh from the factory it had the mechanical temperment of a 30 year old unmaintained 'Datsun'

But a WWII orientated campaign without this marvel of Human Engineering and imagination would be missing something.( taking in it conforms with the constraints, but isnt included)

Sure it was a useless hunk of junk worth more as scrap but i still cant turn my back on it or its Brother 'Tiger II', Because its my favorite useless hunk of junk LOL.

Cheers,
Mat
 _GOTOTOP