Hosted by Darren Baker
A little base in 1/48 scale
petros
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 172 posts
Armorama: 168 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 07:09 AM UTC
I used some HEKI material - grass and trees - found at the railroad model department to built this little base
So, guys, what do you think?
TIA
petros

P.S. Steyr is WIP

Galwitz
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 498 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 07:19 AM UTC
Looks awesome! How about putting together a short SBS? I would be definitely interested...

-A-
Belt_Fed
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,388 posts
Armorama: 1,325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 08:00 AM UTC
i agree. Show us how you did this!
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 09:09 AM UTC
Love that tree with just one exception, the trunk is also very green, yes I know there are trees that have green trunks, however looking at the tree (100 times better then mine) it could use some life blown into it. The grass, the problem there, although your 1-48 which is BIG I feel the grass is too grassy, if a vehicle had already been over this area the grass would have been a bit flatten, if a vehicle had never been over this area until now, there would have been tall and short blades, the leaf and twig a great idea, I've been watching those railway trees on ebay for some time now, and at £13.00 'each' I'll stick to my bright green flock trees.
petros
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 - 10:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

.....trunk is also very green,
....... The grass, the problem there, although your 1-48 which is BIG I feel the grass is too grassy, if a vehicle had already been over this area the grass would have been a bit flatten, if a vehicle had never been over this area until now, there would have been tall and short blades, the leaf and twig a great idea, I've been watching those railway trees on ebay for some time now, and at £13.00 'each' I'll stick to my bright green flock trees.

Alec, yes, the trunk needs some paint
grass can be more flatten, just push it down or cut it down with small scissors
talking about the bright green flock trees, I feel that they look ...plastic, that is why I loved this natural material
About the price - for 15 euro, I bought enough trees for several bases

Aleš and Jon, about the SBS
the grass is a A4 carpet like with paper on the bottom side, so I just cut a round piece of it and attach it on the base with quick drying white glue
the trees - just opened a hole on the base and attach them with white glue
the whole procedure took less than 15 minutes to complete it

then I used my airbrush to have some color variations- I should have insisted more
I will come back later and play a little bit with different colors, a wash and a dry brush
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 09:30 AM UTC
Petros, (About the price - for 15 euro, I bought enough trees for several bases) I don't suppose there's a chance you've still got that address for those trees ? I am always on the look out for good trees, but try to avoid the really expensive ones, when I saw your's naturally thinking its way too much money for me, I've probably got this totally wrong but did you say you got more than 1 tree for that price, still, would love to know, thanks.

petros
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 05:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Petros, (About the price - for 15 euro, I bought enough trees for several bases) I don't suppose there's a chance you've still got that address for those trees ? I am always on the look out for good trees, but try to avoid the really expensive ones, when I saw your's naturally thinking its way too much money for me, I've probably got this totally wrong but did you say you got more than 1 tree for that price, still, would love to know, thanks.

Alec
I bought it - much more than 1 tree - at my local railroad hobby shop at Thessaloniki, Greece - not on line
But if you Google HEKI 1670, you can find it in several on line shops from 16-20 euro
Hope that it helps
Petros
 _GOTOTOP