_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Small Scale
Dioramas of subjects smallers than 1/32 scale.
Hosted by Darren Baker
The Nazi Bell project..i.e The Flytrap..
mauricethebear2009
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 07:17 AM UTC
Hiya all,

Just as i was sinking into a serious case of lack of motivation with my models along comes a project i just can't ignore for my collection..!! I recently was told of a German World War Two project in the mountains of Southern Poland..there seems to be very little on this place..there's so much conjecture concerning the whole site it's hard to see any sense in most of it..whether any of it is true or not is probably never going to be known..Whilst looking up what i could concerning the Bell project i discovered this rather strange structure..it's known as the "Nazi Flytrap" and "nazi Henge" i believe..although by itself it would not make a great model of interest i have the idea of building a diorama with this structure plus a flying saucer and various other structures/vehicles etc..as you can imagine this place and the structure are shrouded in myth and mystery..some say it was a cooling tower..others say it was a flying saucer launch site..some even claim it had to do with a time machine! Anyway..i want to make a model of this structure first..trouble is i'm a bit stuck on dimensions..i have the basic measurements of the structure,but how would i change full size to 1/72 scale? How would i work out the scale of say 29.5 metre diameter to a realistic 1/72 scale? i can't find any plans of any scale to work from..if anyone has any or knows of any with measurements i'd like to see them! i intend to make the structure from card,wood and plasticard..it should prove a very interesting addition to my collection seeing as there are no models of this structure in any scale to my knowledge least of all 1/72 scale..i intend hopefully to incorperate it in a large secret weapons base i intend to construct..
Any guidance and help with this project would be extremely welcome and helpful...
Thank you..Steve in the UK
muchachos
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 07:38 AM UTC
Yet another reason why we won the war.

1/72 scale means the model is 72 times smaller than the real thing. Divide the real dimensions by 72.
_
i.e. 1m real thing = 1.38 cm on the model.
29.5m =40.972 cm

Scott
mauricethebear2009
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 01:25 PM UTC
Thank you so much,
That has been extremely helpful..a lot of it is guess work looking at pics and comparing surrounding objects as far is sensibly possible..also from a picture of a man standing in front of one of the pillars..i did get a few dimensions from the net which should make it quite accurate..i worked out the actual area it will cover as a model on a plan i drew out for it yesterday...it appears it was a polygon 11 sided shape..so it was a lot of help having the converted measurements you worked out for me...i'm no brain with figures though..i'll get my head round it though..sooner or later!!

Thanks again for the help much appreciated!

Steve in Portsmouth UK
bobman331
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 177 posts
Armorama: 142 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 05:26 PM UTC
thisl be cool. have you checked out http://www.luft46.com/
404NotFound
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 325 posts
Armorama: 322 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 05:46 PM UTC
Vladimir Terziski rears his head again...

Anyway. If you want to see already completed models of these things, go to www.naziufos.com and you'll see things like saucers with Fujimi or Airfix Panther turrets mounted upside down on the bottom of saucers and that sort of thing.

You get the idea... They've been building "models" of this sort of thing and passing them off for "real" for quite some time...
mauricethebear2009
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 11:21 PM UTC
hiya,
I'm not taken in by the whole Nazi UFO idea believe me..and the people who have come up with these theories seem a bit on the edge of sense most of the time,but the project i'm building is for a "what if "diorama..no-one knows for sure what the Nazi lunatics actually developed in ww2..one because a lot it was destroyed before we got anywhere near it..two,,because most of it got spirited away at the war's end and thirdly..because even today most of it is classified..it just fascinates me as to the possibilities...i'm not a Ufologist or anything..the whole subject of weaponary is of great interest to me..be it the possible existance of these UFO's Nazi related or otherwise and all kinds of military hardware and military history in general..i'm not interested in the mindless jackboot brigade..i know all i need to know about them to know what a bunch of murderous morons they were,but the history of it all is very interesting..i believe there was many great advancements in world war two..on all sides of the conflict...the Nazi mob out of all the people fighting had everything to gain from producing weapons way beyond belief if they could...so they set to it with a vengeance...in their quest they probably found a lot of very amazing things along the way,but in the situation they found themselves they really couldn't carry a lot of it through..materials were in short supply..time was fast running out and the technology they had access to at the time would not allow them to realise their goals..given time no doubt there would have been great advancements..all for the wrong cause....but advancements all the same..Hans Kammler..a particularly nasty bit of work from all accounts..was never seen after the end of the war..he wasn't even hunted down for war crimes which he was very much involved in...he simply dissapeared..he alone was head of all the secret programmes in the German sphere of influence...i'm not in some cloud over the possible Nazi UFO theory...building this model is just a fascinating idea i had after looking at pics of the Flytrap..as i say it's no more than a "What if" scenario...i believe the Nazi's..(and i use that word because i see a direct difference between most Germans and the murderous psychotic thugs of the Nazi party) were onto a lot of new and far out ideas..these ideas have followed us from the secret test sites in Europe of world war two to today in some way or another..remember it was german(mostly committed Nazis as well) who helped put man on the moon! There's obviously a lot we don't know and never will,but it really is a fascinating trail of thought to follow..if you sidestep the crackpots along the way...and no i don't believe in little green men..something is defiantely mysterious about it all though...

Steve in the UK....
irish
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 170 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 - 01:06 AM UTC
Hello,

I am neither a "UFO-ologist" or conspiracy theorist, however was intrigued by a History Channel special on the Nazi Bell Project. In fact, afterwards, I bought two books by Joseph Farrell on the subject. The first book was titled, "Reich of the Black Sun", but I forget the name of the second. I cant comment on the historical accuracy of the books, but did find them very interesting. Farrell discusses many Nazi "Black Book" Projects, and suggests that Germany may have actually developed the Atomic Bomb before the allies. The "Bell" is also discussed. I have to admit, Farrell makes many plausible arguments. I would be interested to see what those more historically educated than I would say about the books. At any rate, it makes for interesting reading, and if you are looking for photographs or schematics of the "Bell" or other Nazi projests, I reccommend the books.

Irish
Tazjet
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, September 20, 2010 - 12:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello,

I am neither a "UFO-ologist" or conspiracy theorist, however was intrigued by a History Channel special on the Nazi Bell Project. In fact, afterwards, I bought two books by Joseph Farrell on the subject. The first book was titled, "Reich of the Black Sun", but I forget the name of the second. I cant comment on the historical accuracy of the books, but did find them very interesting. Farrell discusses many Nazi "Black Book" Projects, and suggests that Germany may have actually developed the Atomic Bomb before the allies. The "Bell" is also discussed. I have to admit, Farrell makes many plausible arguments. I would be interested to see what those more historically educated than I would say about the books. At any rate, it makes for interesting reading, and if you are looking for photographs or schematics of the "Bell" or other Nazi projests, I reccommend the books.

Irish

Farrel performs a lot of meticulous research, but then draws looney theories to join the dots. The Bell project was commenced in January 1942 as projekt Thor under the leadership of nuclear scientist Prof Walther Gerlach for Heereswaffenamt Versuchsanstalt No. 10. It was part of germany's atomic bomb project and used a novel method for transmuting Thorium into Uranium 233 by bombardment with photons. Photo-fusion.

The so called henge or fly trap actually had nothing to do with the Bell itself. The Bell was first located beneath an airfield west of Breslau from November 1943. then it shifted in November 1944 to a newly built complex beneath Furstenstein Castle. There was no henge structure at Ferstenstein.

The Bell did not move into Wenceslas Mine until 18 December 1944 and was evacuated about 17 April 1945 .

If you wish to build a model of the bell project why not the Bell itself?

Krowa_
Visit this Community
Województwo Gdanskie, Poland
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 12:22 AM UTC
Sorry, to dissapoint you guys, but mysterious "Nazi Flytrap" is notthing but a water cooling tank pedestal.

Still, it's a nice subject for some SF Fatherland 68 diorama.

A few more pics plus an article (unfortunatelly, in polish only) HERE
Tazjet
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 04:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry, to dissapoint you guys, but mysterious "Nazi Flytrap" is notthing but a water cooling tank pedestal.

Still, it's a nice subject for some SF Fatherland 68 diorama.

The Flytrap is just a cooling tower as you say, but the bell is no myth.

I am in contact with a gentleman in Poland who worked at Furstenstein Castle as a prisoner of Gross Rosen concentration camp. There are four witnesses to the Nazi Bell and in August 1952 a patent was filed in Germany for the device. It was an advanced type of Betatron developing plasma as a neutron source.

It most definitely was nothing to do with anti gravity or UFOs.

jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 05:29 PM UTC
Even if the Nazi scientists never mastered time travel or spaceflight, there's no question that a lot of their science was ahead of its time. Too bad they employed this science to further Hitler's dark ambitions. On the other hand, things could have been far worse. What if the Nazis had enslaved Jewish and other anti-Nazi scientists, and forced them to develop weapons, instead of merely seizing their property and driving them into exile? It's no wonder the what-if theme of Luft '46 is regarded with such interest by many modelers.
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 06:48 PM UTC
Looks like Jarle's Nazi What If Diorama. There could be some useful information in that thread for you.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/153760&page=1
Tazjet
Visit this Community
New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 07:30 PM UTC
Witnesses to the Nazi Bell:

SS Lt Gen Jakob Sporrenberg (according to Witkowski from war crimes interrogations by Polish authorities 1946)

SS Col Dr Wilhelm Voss (testimonial to British Mi-5 / journalist Tom Agoston 1947)

SS Hauptsturmfuhrer Rudolf Schuster (Belin Archive Centre 1945 interrogation)

Railway employee Joachim Ibrom (interrogated by Soviets post war)

Prof Baron Manfred von Ardenne (Soviet plasma physicist G.N.Frolov revealed in 1983 interview that Ardenne disclosed to him the installation of a cyclotron type device at Wenceslas mine during war. Kurchatov and Frolov collected Ardenne from Dresden and had Ardenne lead them to the mine)

In addition to this a report of the Argentine Economics Ministry declassified in 1993 disclosed the arrival by "multi engined German aircraft in May 1945 of the Bell. The report's author had no clue what the Bell was except that it was unloaded from the aircraft.

_GOTOTOP