Allied Speculation!!
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 05:33 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Well time for a bit of speculation. Tamiyas recent Citroen Staff Car upgrade to 1/35 left me wondering if we might see the Tilly go the same way from 1/48 to 135 scale?

We have had a bumper time recently on the Allied Kit front, this is especially so in British Vehicles.

So I was wondering if and indeed when we might see a New British Truck in 1/35 plastic?

Could a Morris Quad appear from SKP who lead the way with their Humber SC?

Both Tasca and Bronce seem committed to their range of British Kits what about them?

IBG have a full range of Bedfords in 1/72 scale, could they be contenders?

lastly is Italeri, who have the chassis for the Bedofrd and 15cwt, what about a new truck from them, they would on the surface have the least to do, for a range of Bedfords or several additional types of 15cwt.

I though their might be a glimmer of hope when I ran the More British Trucks Campaign but alas all seems silent on that front.

Any thoughts?

Al

BigfootV
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Armorama: 994 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 06:57 AM UTC
Hi Alan,
Good question.
I've seen that Acc. Armour has jumped on the band wagon with their newest release in British trucks. I read something about the Morris Quad coming out, but it was from other marker, it may have been a resin kit also:-? .
Things that make you go HHHmmm.

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 - 08:03 AM UTC
Hi Brian,

One kinda wonders who might be first. With the likes of AFV Club releasing their range of Churchills, talk of other early tanks, maybe a new carrier, that kinda leave the trucks out in the cold so to speak. Mind you they have been there for 30 years lol, lol.

The resin manufacturers have always filled this gap, but of course that excludes most folks because of the cost.

Nothing wrong with the resin kits, it's just I would like to see a greater range available to the average modeller, their must be milage in them as the 15cwt and 6pdr portee are still regularly re-released at inflated prices, same with the LRDG truck, keeps popping up, so their must be a demand.

Al

_GOTOTOP