Hosted by Darren Baker
Huey UH1-C or D
Sarge59
Visit this Community
Nord, France
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:09 PM UTC
does somebody tried the models from Academy or Panda ??

They are at the same price, so :

wich one is the more accurate ?

thanks

Ooops maybe i should have post it in aircraft talk
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 11:59 PM UTC
The MRC/Academy UH-1C is an excellent kit. It builds up easily and is very accurate, plus it comes with lots of options. The Panda kit is not bad, however, the parts are chuncky and overly thick. Some of the interior parts , rear seat supports in particular, would be a scale thickness of 8-10 inches. The detail is also soft on some areas and the decal instrument panel is inexcusable in this day and age. However, it is the only UH-1D in 1/35th scale. If you are just looking to build a UH-1, Academy is your bet. If you want an accurate UH-1D, Panda with work will do. I recommend either buying both and using Academy interior parts to replace the oversized Panda ones, or find the older but very good 1/32 scale Revell UH-1D model. At least it has pretty realistically scaled details and a decent interior to start with.
Sarge59
Visit this Community
Nord, France
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 12:04 AM UTC
Thanks heavyarty !

do you mean Revell's is the best kit ??
because i think i'have seen one in an old shop, and i thought that if it was an old kit, it was not accurate ?

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 04:44 AM UTC
Yes, If you are looking for a D model Huey, the Revell kit is the best, better than the Panda kit. Just because something is an older kit, doesn't make it bad. Some older kits are as good as, if not better than new ones. For a C model huey, definitely go with the MRC/ Academy. I think the Academy C model is also being marketed by Italeri now as well.
 _GOTOTOP