_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
help identifying trucks
Bender
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 05:36 AM UTC
hi, I need some help on finding some 1/35th military truck kits, I dont know any designations for trucks so dont know where to start looking. nationality doesnt really matter, but would prefer modern american 6x6 cargo truck. any info on what kits I should look into would be greatly appreceiated.I plan on building the truck as being used very hard, and pretty well beat, so detail is not as important as price.

also while I have you here, I may as well ask, does anyone know of any good aftermarket gun kits such as .50cal, Dshk russian heavy machine gun, M-60 or perhaps a mini gun kits in resin or PE

Thanks for the help
Bender
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 06:24 AM UTC
Bender - as far as American 6x6's go:

The best modern US 6x6 cargo truck kit out there is AFV Club's Deuce. There is a M35A2, M49A2C Fuel Tanker, and the M35A1 Quad.50 Gun Truck with comes with all the parts necessary to build a straight 'A1 cargo truck if desired. The M35A2 kit has gone out of production recently, so if you see one, you might consider getting it.

Italeri produces three kits on the newer M90x series of 5-ton trucks. These are a bit more work, and not as nice in detailing as the AFV Club 2 1/2-ton trucks - but can be dressed up.

For weapons, there are several choices. Skybow produces a nice .50cal MG. Legend Productions produces both .50cal MG's and Mini-Guns. The old DML Modern Weapons Set had nice M60's, but I haven't seen a set in some time now. Italeri and Tamiya include them in sets. There is a manufacturer producing a nice Russian DSHK - but the name escapes me at the moment...

Gunnie
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 09:06 AM UTC
Revell from germany makes a rusian URAL 6x6 truck and also a GAZ 66 take a look at trumpetter it also makes some Soviet trucks.
Italeri also makes the HEMMT trucks
The DML kit is kit number 3806 Modern machine gun set ( it includes the M60 and M60e3, also some russian mags like the PKM and RPK)
another set from DML is Modern infantry fire support weapons (3808)
it includes 2 M60E3 and also 2 50 cals and 2 Mk19 automatic grenade launcers.
for the 50 cal and mk19 there are tripods included (good detail)
a good cheap kit is the Italeri modern light weapon set (421)
it includes 3 m60 !!with tripod!! and 2 50 cal with tripod (also a TOW rocket launcer and milan rocket launcer is included) Realy worth your money

:-) :-) :-)
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Armorama: 526 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 09:21 AM UTC
For a big bad truck, IIRC Revell has now the Faun tank-transport of the Bundeswehr. This one is used for transporting the big stuff...

I have seen Oshkosh trailers (do not remember where though). If you have money to spare, accurate armor makes a few trailers and trucks.
Bender
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 10:54 AM UTC
ahhh thanks guys, just what I needed

thanks again
Bender
 _GOTOTOP