Hosted by Darren Baker
'Nam foliage
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 07:20 PM UTC
I need some advice on types and places to get useable foliage for Vietnam dioramas. Any vets out there and guys that have built some dios feel free to chip in. Not looking for lichen stuff, something that looks pretty real. For my european dios I have used H & K pine boughs and dried leaves. Also hand made bushes and trees using twigs and caspia.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 10:18 PM UTC
I have seen some foilage at the Michaels crafts store in their dried foilage section that I think would work well for palms and other plants.
Take a look their. I am going to try this stuff in some Pacifc dios in the future.

ljr70
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 08:58 AM UTC
Blaster, I have the same question......however I am doing a vietnam (small dio) for a gift for a friend. So I have been looking at varoius books for ideas......Vietnam has everything from rice paddies, to jungles, to diciduous forests that looked like california! So I don't know what I'm doing!!!
Marty
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,312 posts
Armorama: 1,054 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 11:56 AM UTC
Check out local craft stores and look for various dried plants and moss. You can use a lot of them to create different types of forests or jungles. You may also be able to pick up some plastic plants from a pet/fish store. Some of them look really convincing in 1:35 scale.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2003 - 02:10 PM UTC
I've even heard of people going to the fish store and getting the plastic plants used in aquariums.

If you want to go scratch built I've written an article on tropical plant making. Eagle is working on posting it soon. If you want a sneak peak PM me.
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2003 - 05:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Eagle is working on posting it soon

Scott is right ! I hope to be able to post the article by the end of this week. I've been away for some days, but I'm back now. I start to work on several articles next coming days.... prepare for some good ones !
 _GOTOTOP