_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
ok first one since 6.It all Dave's fault
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 08:04 PM UTC
This is the first tank since I was six.. It was a promise I made to Ddave(ss-74). Weathering still needs to be done and it is strictly OOB. Hope the pics work and if not they are on the link below.

Any comments and suggestions welcome at this stage.
Paul
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 08:09 PM UTC
Looking mighty fine for the first armor kit since 6, and using elmer glue. Good job. Paul Da Dude!
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 09:45 PM UTC
Good re-start warlock... The paint layer looks to me to be a bit thick, as far as I cannot see much details. Anyway the pics can be tricky or the model itself (no experience at all in German armour) has got few details...
Ciao
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 10:14 PM UTC
Warlock

As scoccia said looks like a good restart. Hard to tell some details from pics. Looks like a good build to me. Can't wait to see your final product.

Hasty

stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 02:06 AM UTC
Paul, looks good so far, is that a Tamiya PZIIIL or and older kit??? Also is it going to N.Africa or staying in Europe please enlighten us. STUG
steve203
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 03:34 AM UTC
Looks good, keep us posted.
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 05:14 AM UTC
Looks very nice. Can't wait to see the finished Pics.
You should thank Dave. :-)
boosahmer
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 651 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 05:21 AM UTC
Nice job, warlock...I agree, you really gotta thank Dave for the push
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 09:03 AM UTC
Warlock I'm sorry but the color should be OD as it's Daves (SS74) favourite color.

hehehehehe seriously not a bad job for a first tank. :-)
SniperSoldier
Visit this Community
Sao Paulo, Brazil
KitMaker: 1,638 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 09:11 AM UTC
LOOKS VERY NICE
ROBERTO
warlock0322
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 08:23 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the kind words. How the tank come to me to begin with is a story in itself, but I digress for now and wil try to answer some of the questions.
Stug: It is Tamiya's PZIII Ausf L painted in the monotone theme from Goring regiment in 1942 ( at leats that is what the box says) My knowlege of Armor you can put in a bottle cap and still have half the cap empty, but I learn more and more each time I visit the site.
Scoccia: I agree with the paint being a little thick unfortunately my regular airbrush died and the one I used here had two settings either there was paint or no paint at all.
Hasty: There are few details to date on there as the pics just show it dry fitted and they are not on there yet, but am working to rectify this and the airbrush issue as well.
One final thought here is a shout out to Dave (SS-74). For the push to try a tank one more time. He said it would be a fun build and so far you were right.( I'll never live that one down). So who knows maybe there will be another tank on the horizon. After all you can't have a Panzer sitting on the shelf without a Tiger or a Sherman near by it may get lonely among the planes and boats.Right??
Thanks again guys and will keep you posted.
Paul
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 08:37 PM UTC
I think it looks really good, as I haven't built ships for years, maybe here we are getting the seeds of a new campaign here.... I think it would be interesting to have a campaign where we all build something that we never normally build. Now I build Vehicles, armor,a few aircraft and do some figs. Wouldn't it be interesting therefore to (for example) have Obe building a Sherman or an Abrams. This would have a splendid effect on the morale of everyone on the site. No longer would we hear "I am an exclusive german armor modeller" at all hours of the day and night..... #:-) Jim
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2003 - 08:57 PM UTC
I am an EXCLUSIVE GERMAN ARMOR BUILDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 860 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 12:21 AM UTC
Just a warning: I had built aircraft only until I was convinced to build a pz IV. I was still ok until I went to Mastercon in St. Louis. I did not stand a chance after that. I have built nothing but armor since then. Alas, my pocketbook has felt the crunch of all those glorious new armor issues of the last few years. My ultimate goal is to build a vehicle well enough to place in either mastercon or AMPS. Yes, I am truly addicted.
capnjock
Tanks46
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:54 AM UTC
Ah yes Master Dave has that effect on you regarding armor in general and Deuschland Panzers in particular! I beleive he goes into withdrawal and causes those around him to feel its effect. I too have entered the Barbarossa Campaign with the intention of modeling all vehicles and equipment in 1/35; although I already had all the material available in my normal 1/87th small scale He was convincing in his stance on larger scale models that in his honor and those other larger threadheads I dedicate my build to you I hope my humble efforts live up to Dave's and everyone else skill and critical eye. (++) This is the best damn site!

Quoted Text

We are not making no goddamn cornflakes here. Col. Beckworth

Butch Cassidy Tanks46
Pig #3 Head Armorer
DSB
(++)
 _GOTOTOP