_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
SdKfz 164 Hornisse pics needed!
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 - 08:53 PM UTC
I need your help, guys!

I am building a sd.kfz. 164 Hornisse (Dragon's) for the might 88-campign, but this kind off vehicle is way out of my league. I have little or no references and the net wasn.t that much of a help either.

The interior/gunbase looks really empty and I have a strong feeling things are missing. Things such as radio's, stowageplaces, gear etc.

Who can help me with some pictures of the interior?

If you can help me out, than please contact me at sveslenaAThome.nl.
Thanks!!!
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 05:49 AM UTC
Ron,

Try looking for pics using "Nashorn" instead as a search criteria and you'll have better luck since that's the more common name associated with the vehicle. Prime Portal has some great pics that will get you started. http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/dmitry_kiyatkin/nashorn/index.php?Page=1
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 07:11 AM UTC
Don't go too far with excess stowage inside the fighting compartment. The crew had to operate the Pak 43/41 from there and you see modellers stacking small arms, jerry cans, loose rounds -- all sorts of junk -- that would make the smooth operation of a large artillery piece next to impossible.
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 07:47 AM UTC
Thanks, Bill
I know the Aberdeen piece, but isn't there a difference between the Hornisse and the Nashorn?
Anyway, this exibit is in such a poor shape that I think it is of limited use as a reference.

Hi Roy,
I wasn't about to litter the interior with stuff, far from that.
The vehicle has an antennebase for instance, but I can't figure out where the radio is supposed to go. Maybe below the armor in the front??
And what about optics and other gear to operate this weapon?
And where did the crew (of 5?) put away their weapons? 2 guns (MPi) are accounted for, on the rearplate, but the rest?
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 08:22 AM UTC
Ron,

The Hornisse and Nashorn were essentially the same vehicle, just a name change. Now there are "early" and "late" vehicle differences regarding things like the type of exhaust, the type of drive sprocket, the rear fender mud-flaps, etc. but on the interior they were exactly the same.
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,808 posts
Armorama: 1,069 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 10:51 PM UTC
Hello Ron,

The main difference between the two vehicles where those things what Bill said and that the armour of the vehicle thinner (?) on the early variant then on the late version (thicker).

That is the difference. But you won't see that on the outside ofcaurse.

Grtz,

Hilbert
 _GOTOTOP