_GOTOBOTTOM
MAFVA Forum
The official forum for the Miniature AFV Association.
Hosted by Tom Cromwell
MAFVA Nationals 2009
Jimmie
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 10:39 PM UTC
Good Morning Folks,

With less than a week till the organised chaos that is the MAFVA Nationals at Duxford, it would be good to hear a head count on who is coming to the event. That is apart from the known exhibitors and the traders of course.

This year we will be missing some traders, but will have some new faces with us. Needless to say the marquee will be full to bursting, so cannot accept any more bids from traders or branches/clubs.

A list of traders is on the Nationals page of the website, although this does need updating. in ligt of late bookings.

http://www.mafva.net/nationals.htm

If you are exhibiting, and using the exhibitor car park, you need to be parked up before 09.00hrs. Any vehicles left near the marquee will be dealt with by the security team and it will not be pretty.

Health and Safety has caught up with us, so a Risk Assesment team will be carrying out their tasks in the morning. Please cooperate, we have no choice if we wish to continue using the site.

The Tea Stall will be in operation as usual, working on a donations basis. The more it makes this year, the more will be on offer next year, so be generous.

Likewise the Tombola will be running tempting you with the chance to win a dinosaur or two.....

Competition entries will open at 10.00hrs, closing at 13.00hrs, with judging comencing shortly afterwards. The presentation of prizes will commence at 16.00hrs. We are expecting the usual heap of kits for prizes, so try your luck, you may go home with an armful of kits.

If you have any queries regarding the show, either ask here, or e-mail me at [email protected] . If it is regarding the competition I will forward the question to the relevant person, either Kompetitionsfuhrer Robert Lockie, or Chief Judge John Ham.

We share the day with the Military Vehicle Show (which I intend to see this year!), the Military Book Fair in the American Air Museum next door, a Flying programme and of course the rest of the Museum. Do take time to visit the new "Airborne Assault" exhibition in the Air Space hangar (At the far end by the M11 motorway). A small taste of what they are hoping to have at Duxford since the Parachute Regiment Museum at Aldershot closed.

See you all there hopefully, and have a great day!

Paul Middleton
MAFVA Liaison Officer
Jimmie
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 230 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 10:50 PM UTC
Sorry!

I forgot to mention that on line instructions and forms for the competitions and also for the Bring & Buy are vailable on the Nationals page. http://www.mafva.net/nationals.htm

Download and print of to save time at the show.

Send your list of stuff for the Bring & Buy to Tom Cole (See instructions) and bring a copy with the stash on the day.

HTH

Paul M.
malkie
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 06:00 AM UTC
Hi Paul
I am a relatively new member having only joined at Trucks and Tracks last year. I live in Inverness in the north of Scotland and am driving down to Duxford next weekend where I look forward to meeting some of my fellow members as well as enjoying the general atmosphere.
Cheers
Mike
CRosenwould
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 06:11 PM UTC
Have a safe trip down Mike. Look forward to seeing you there. It's an absolute stunner of a day - just hope we're blessed with the gorgeous weather we've had on the last few shows.

Pop along to the Nottingham MAFVA stand and say hi.

Colin.
TREEMENDUS
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 86 posts
Armorama: 82 posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 - 03:03 AM UTC
Hi All

TREEMENDUS (www.treemendusmodels.co.uk) will be at this years show, with their range of scenic modelling materials, trees and their new range of 1/35 Palm trees. It is our first year in attendence.

Hope to see some of you there. Come over and let yourselves be known.

Cheers - Ant
malkie
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2009 - 05:00 AM UTC
Thanks Colin, I will
Sandy
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 628 posts
Armorama: 405 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 06:42 AM UTC
Hi all , I will be there with at least 3 new wallace and gromit models , plus some railway related models and all being well a demmo on weathering on them cheers ian
Sandy
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 628 posts
Armorama: 405 posts
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2009 - 07:58 AM UTC
Hi all the show must go down as one of the best attended for a long time , a very good reason for it being fathers day , plus the weather was great . The tent was packed to the rafters with modellers and none as well , Interest shown in the models was by far very good .
To the MAFVA crew a job well done cheers ian
 _GOTOTOP