_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum
Russian or Soviet vehicles/armor modeling forum.
WIP Tatra 813 8x8 "KOLOS"
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
KitMaker: 4,011 posts
Armorama: 1,498 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 01:05 PM UTC
subscribed!

your problem solving and added details are making a very fine model

guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2011 - 01:03 AM UTC
I finished the cabin by adding the back doors, wipers, beacons, flash- and headlights, and some first weathering attempts.

Thanks to excessive dry fitting ahead of glueing everything together the cabin fits quite well to the frame and so does the platform. The entire thing together is obviously not 100% sound but it's okay for me that way. It's a very complex thing this model, so I'm happy that it seems to work out eventually.

Now only the road wheels and front doors are missing, also some minor details to add, then after some more weathering the whole thing comes to an end

retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 12:26 AM UTC
The difference in your left hand brake light has a vertical slope to it.
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2011 - 05:20 AM UTC
mmhhh... you're right, I've gotta work on this one, thanks for the hint (it won't be that obvious to see with the the trailer added to it, though)
Pittiplatsch
Visit this Community
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 11:27 AM UTC
Hi Marian,
some photos are offline. Could you upload them again please?
thx
Pitti
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2011 - 10:45 PM UTC
Right, I just moved the pics to another folder in my photobucket account... and so the links are not working anymore

Here you got all the missing pics again:

vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 04:24 PM UTC
Great job on sticking with this build, I was a little worried that it wouldn't be finished for a while. She's looking wonderful. I just wish you could add some transparent lenses for the rear lights, they're they only thing distracting from your build. I would love to have one of these on my shelf
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 07:55 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind words Jeremy. Concerning the rear lights: you are probably right, they don't look great in the pics... and I'm not so sure, if they do look better in real (means the "model-real" )

But if you have a look to the real (means "real-real") things, you see, that it isn't much more than some colored plastic cover. What you can't really see in my pictures: the rear lights are made from colored clear-plastic sheets... they lokk okay in the model-reality... still I'm not sure, if there GREAT... so will think about them once more I guess...
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 08:37 PM UTC
Hi Marian,
it's just ... kolossal

To me, the only thing with the rear lights is the border between the red and orange that is not really vertical. For a more realistic look you could add some gloss varnish over them.

Olivier
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 10:59 PM UTC
Gloss varnish sounds good... maybe I'll rework the whole things, trying to manage a proper vertical line between colors and make them look more realistic .

The wheels are also on now and the trailer is "dry-fit" to it... the whole thing (Tatra + Trailer) looks... well... huge! Will post some pics asap!

_GOTOTOP