_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaign Guidelines Posted
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 02:14 AM UTC
To help everyone wanting to setup future Campaigns - Guidelines have been posted. Go to the Main Campaign Page and click on the Guidelines link. All instructions are posted there for you to consult.

Using these will make the process quicker and smoother to manage.

Gunnie
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 02:17 AM UTC
Thanks Gunnie, I think you should also find a permanent location to the "Campaign Closet" in the Campaign folder too...
Ciao
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 02:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Gunnie, I think you should also find a permanent location to the "Campaign Closet" in the Campaign folder too...
Ciao

Campaign Closet? Do you mean the Campaign Docket - or the Gantt Chart we're thinking about creating?

Gunnie
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 02:54 AM UTC
Sorry Gunnie, what i meant is the campaign docket. The hot weather (is over 40° C down here and there was an hour and a half power black oot today) is melting my brain. Of course we have to find a place for the Gantt chart too in there...
Ciao
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 05:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry Gunnie, what i meant is the campaign docket. The hot weather (is over 40° C down here and there was an hour and a half power black oot today) is melting my brain. Of course we have to find a place for the Gantt chart too in there...
Ciao

Yes! One question - it seems everyone needs a little extra time to complete Campaign entries. Do you think that we're not setting enough time from the beginning? Maybe we should make a Campaign 90 days, 120 days, or whatever we agree makes sense. What do you think?

Gunnie
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 09:24 AM UTC
To be honest I think that most of the campaign "durations" until now have been set only an educated guess... To standardized the campaign duration to 3, 4 or whatever months is a good idea, and I think it will help rationalizing the efforts everybody out there is putting in organizing things. the most part of us (unfortunately) doesn't make his living from scale modelling and time is precious...
Ciao
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:16 AM UTC
Campaign Closet? Is that where we throw the old campaigns into when they are done?

hehe

Jim
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 - 10:22 AM UTC
I set the Barbarossa campaign to start when the actual invasion began and set it to end at the traditional end of summer in the US (Labor Day).

My motives were to force me to build a German armor kit. I picked Barbarossa since it lacks zimmerited vehicles. I did not pick a North Africa or Battle for France campaign (also zimmerit-less) because I figured if I did I would do an allied vehicle.
 _GOTOTOP