_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Techniques
From Weathering to making tent rolls, discuss it here.
Hosted by Darren Baker
How do you make a model look like it's been d
railbuilderdhd
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 04:10 AM UTC
Greetings all,
I need some helpful ideas on how I can make a model look like it's been destroyed. I would like to do a diorama that has a tank that got destroyed as part of the city scene for the king tiger that is driving down the center of the street. I was thinking I could melt the plastic but I'm not sure if I should use a soldering iron, a torch or other way to do this. I figured there our guys here that have done this before that may be able to share some ideas on the subject. I would be grateful for any links to other resources as well.

Thanks,
Dave
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
Armorama: 2,110 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Greetings all,
I need some helpful ideas on how I can make a model look like it's been destroyed. I would like to do a diorama that has a tank that got destroyed as part of the city scene for the king tiger that is driving down the center of the street. I was thinking I could melt the plastic but I'm not sure if I should use a soldering iron, a torch or other way to do this. I figured there our guys here that have done this before that may be able to share some ideas on the subject. I would be grateful for any links to other resources as well.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave you need to gather some photos!. As for damaged or destoryed tanks I suggest you check out Rob ferreira

here.

Damraska
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 580 posts
Armorama: 499 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 10:21 AM UTC
James beat me to it. Check out Rob's work. It really does not get any better than that.

-Doug
 _GOTOTOP