_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
June DMoM Contest
Rule change
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,672 posts
Armorama: 2,475 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 02:13 PM UTC
Well troops here's the deal.

With the unfortunate low number of models for the June novice DMoM we are gonna make a few changes for this month's contest.

Here are the rules.

Advanced catagory:

1) Open to any model built in the last six months that HAS NOT been ENTERED in a previous DMoM.

2) Unlimited amount of ground work and figures allowed, stand alone models are eligible as well.

3) Winners from last month are NOT eligible.

And we will run the novice catagory as well.

The submission date will be extended to the 15th of the month.

The winner of the novice class will win the second place prize normally given in the advanced class.

I felt bad for the people that took the time to submit for the novice contest and feel that this is a very reasonable compromise.

cheers
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 06:53 PM UTC
It would probably help if there were a reminder post about the contest every month. I know I forget until I see that the contest is open for voting, by which time it is of course too late to enter.
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Armed Forces Europe, United States
KitMaker: 216 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 07:52 PM UTC
Its unfortunate that it had to go to this, because most begginers would be of a younger age... lately 90 of our youth is more involed the XBOX/Playstation world (Not that I dont play either) I think modeling can be just as addicting and more productive for the mind. Armorama staff should create a FACEBOOK profile, to attrack a younger audience, either way I'm glad you guys didn't cancel the contest and are making two classes to make it available for all, plus it will be nice to compare Advanced vs Novice results.

Quoted Text

The winner of the novice class will win the second place prize normally given in the advanced class

Sauceman will you be announcing what the prizes are?

lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 10:48 PM UTC
thats epic news for willow, shes not finished and thge extra days would be perfect for her, im gonna submin something aswell!
Alex have you been nicking me ideas lol?
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 06:05 AM UTC
I am pleased you came up with a compromise. I hope this gets the support it deserves Rick.
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 12:45 PM UTC
Thanks Darren, hopefully we'll get a good turnout.

cheers
cmbeal317
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 12 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 01:37 PM UTC
sauceman,
I just sent you an email with my photo for the contest. Hope it works.

Chris
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
Armorama: 2,110 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 01:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Its unfortunate that it had to go to this, because most begginers would be of a younger age... lately 90 of our youth is more involed the XBOX/Playstation world (Not that I dont play either) I think modeling can be just as addicting and more productive for the mind. Armorama staff should create a FACEBOOK profile, to attrack a younger audience, either way I'm glad you guys didn't cancel the contest and are making two classes to make it available for all, plus it will be nice to compare Advanced vs Novice results.

Quoted Text

The winner of the novice class will win the second place prize normally given in the advanced class

Alex obviously you havn't look hard enough because there is already a Face book page for armorma members Seb is running it.Also people of my age and younger shouldn't be steriotyped as gamer addicts I come from 91 and im no gamer! I've never been temping to even become a gamer addict as I have to much on and have a women not a games consle no contest there.

C[ ]
newfish
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 01:52 PM UTC
If I cant get the m106 done by the 15th I will submit it.

Alex the link for the Armorama facebook group is here.

AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 07:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

thats epic news for willow, shes not finished and thge extra days would be perfect for her, im gonna submin something aswell!

What kind of ideas??

Quoted Text

Alex obviously you havn't look hard enough because there is already a Face book page for armorma members Seb is running it.Also people of my age and younger shouldn't be steriotyped as gamer addicts I come from 91 and im no gamer! I've never been temping to even become a gamer addict as I have to much on and have a women not a games consle no contest there.

Brother I meant 90%, not from the 90's , but you got to admit, there aren't that many kids interested in this stuff anymore, kids are more interested in xbox/ps3 than doing some physical work, I am glad that you are interested and not tempted....As for facebook, I had no idea, and I really wasn't looking, but I think the group is only joined by members here, I think there should be more outreach. Thanks for the link !!
lespauljames
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2009 - 09:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

C[ ]

ey jimbo! i manage to hold down at most 3 kits, a bad gaming addiction, a girlfreind, and a jobhunt down at once! you can see it dosent affet me modelling look at th espeed of me stryker
newfish
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

What kind of ideas??

Quoted Text

Brother I meant 90%, not from the 90's , but you got to admit, there aren't that many kids interested in this stuff anymore, kids are more interested in xbox/ps3 than doing some physical work, I am glad that you are interested and not tempted....As for facebook, I had no idea, and I really wasn't looking, but I think the group is only joined by members here, I think there should be more outreach. Thanks for the link !!

Alex not a problem mate sorry for jumping the gun.

Quoted Text

ey jimbo! i manage to hold down at most 3 kits, a bad gaming addiction, a girlfreind, and a jobhunt down at once! you can see it dosent affet me modelling look at th espeed of me stryker

Ha sounds like me just without the gaming addiction I have other means of releving stress! But allot of the time I don't have time as im working

AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 12:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You truly are gifted! ---with DoD civilian job, a pregnant wife (8 months), and German beer, I've only managed three models in the last 10 months. Killer
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 03:58 AM UTC
SAUCEMAN: will there be only one winner in the novice class??
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 04:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

SAUCEMAN: will there be only one winner in the novice class??

Yes, but instead of winning the usual third place prize (which was usually a figure kit from Dragon), the winner will recieve the second place prize of a full armour kit from Dragon.

cheers
BigfootV
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
Armorama: 994 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 05:05 AM UTC
Well, That means the Quad and the 25pdr. CAN'T be entered because of the Mods. done to both kits. I.E., Scratch tarp for the Quad and the Scratch firing handle on the 25pdr.
Is this correct Rick? OOB kits only, no mods. per rules.

sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 07:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, That means the Quad and the 25pdr. CAN'T be entered because of the Mods. done to both kits. I.E., Scratch tarp for the Quad and the Scratch firing handle on the 25pdr.
Is this correct Rick? OOB kits only, no mods. per rules.

Only in regards to the novice catagory. Advance level your GTG.

cheers
AlxUSMC
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 - 02:54 AM UTC
When is the voting going to start, the wait is killing me!!
sauceman
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2009 - 03:12 AM UTC
I will upload all the pics to the gallery on the evening of the 15th.

Voting will start as of 00:00 hrs Zulu on the 16th

cheers
 _GOTOTOP