_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Trumpeter New KV-1 Testshot
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 07:57 AM UTC
Trumpeter have sent us test shot photos of their New KV-1.

Link to Item

Remember these are testshots and not the production kit.

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
postbusf
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 158 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 09:03 AM UTC
Great that Trumpeter is going further with there KV1 series.
I love to get my hands on that one.
Hopefully Trumpeter will make a KV1S with early and late style weels, my personal favorite.
That would be awesome!

Frank.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 09:19 AM UTC
Pat I have all their KV series so far and thought this version had already been covered. looking at the provided pictures it would appear to be of the same high standard as their earlier offerings, the addition of a turned barrel and PE grills would have been a nice improvement considering as I suspect the price will be a lot higher than the earler kits. I will add that I hope that Trumpeter continue with the KV series of vehicles, including some of the "off the wall versions" such as the twin and triple turret vehicles.
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 09:58 AM UTC
I've built the KV2(r) and it went together like a dream. Lets hope this one comes with PE engine screens and metal barrel. IMHO the only thing that stops these kits being built totally out of the box. With a very good accurate finished model. Fair play to Trumpeter this range of KV's are really great models, ideal for beginners. They are really getting the most out of the moulds, making them very good value for money. Nice one Trumpeter!
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 10:10 AM UTC
Uh oh! Seems my stash of KV-1īs is gonna grow with one more in future. Just wondering, how is that like compared to one, which Zvezda has released?
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 3,608 posts
Armorama: 3,092 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 10:42 AM UTC
Thanks for the news, Pat! I really think that the KV's are the best thing Trumpeter has done. This will be one more for the line-up.
Reiter960
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 503 posts
Armorama: 500 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Uh oh! Seems my stash of KV-1īs is gonna grow with one more in future. Just wondering, how is that like compared to one, which Zvezda has released?

Zvezda's KV-1 m1940 (and the other one too) loses to Trumpy's offering in nearly every field, they really phoned it in with turret size and running gear, awkward mistake since there are at least 2 of these sitting on public display in Moscow district... Trumpeter really should do KV-85 and KV-3 (with KV-1 turret), they have been done before in plastic by Eastern Express, but their overall quality is just awful.
panzergrenadier61
Visit this Community
Basel, Switzerland
KitMaker: 15 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 01:27 PM UTC
Hi all

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry as I've just started to scratch a tank with such a turret from an existing kit turret with rectangular shape which can be converted quite easily.

However, I'll get the kit as soon as it hits the shelves, but I hope that some flaws will be corrected like the protruding rivets on the turret roof as they were hardly visible on the original, because they were carefully grinded down.

On the other hand there was a clearly visibe rectangular recess milled out on the frrontal armor plate behind the lateral bulges and the curved gun shield, but that is missing on the model.

The third point which should be changed is the curved armor plate at the end of the rear deck which should be flattend on top.

Last but not least most of the tanks with the 1939 prototype turret had an armored plug instead of the armored front machine gun mount.

The tank shown seems to be based on a Tank with 1940 production chassis and 1939 prototype turret as seen knocked out by German forces somewhere in the Leningrad front area late in summer 1941 (Tankograd publication No. 2002 page 19).

What one also can discover on some original pictures is that several of the tanks with these turrets were rearmed with the later F-32 gun.

But as said before, I'm looking forward to the arrival of this new item of Trumpeter's KV series.

Cheers

Arun Bauer

PBR_Streetgang
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 01:39 PM UTC
I agree,

A KV-85 and a KV-14 (SU-152) would really be nice. If anyone from Trumpeter is monitoring this topic, every Russian armor fan would get those. I know I certainly would, and multiple copies!

Bill B.

PS-And call it an SU-152 and have it in battlefield markings for Kursk!
gbyrnsie
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 770 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 02:17 PM UTC
I think the turret looks more like the cast 1941 model with bolts added. From what I've seen the angles at the front and rear of the turret where sharper. However, I am happy to see an early version with the L-11 gun.
iamsu7
Vendor
TRUMPETER
Visit this Community
Anhui, China / 简体
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 339 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 06:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I've built the KV2(r) and it went together like a dream. Lets hope this one comes with PE engine screens and metal barrel. IMHO the only thing that stops these kits being built totally out of the box. With a very good accurate finished model. Fair play to Trumpeter this range of KV's are really great models, ideal for beginners. They are really getting the most out of the moulds, making them very good value for money. Nice one Trumpeter!

Yes, this one with PE engine screens and metal barrel
Removed by original poster on 07/08/09 - 07:21:36 (GMT).
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 08:23 PM UTC
This I would also like to see released by Trumpeter:
http://www.hlj.com/product/AIF35-0059

KV-220 with 85 mm gun.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 03:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A KV-85 and a KV-14 (SU-152) would really be nice.

Great to see Trumpy going further with the excellent KV base kit. Please donīt stop here ... theres loads more.
 _GOTOTOP