Hosted by Darren Baker
Help w Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger
Illini
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 345 posts
Armorama: 247 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 - 03:26 PM UTC
I just received this monster, and it's a bit overwhelming. I'm hoping I can manage most of this with my damaged left fingers - size matters.

A couple of questions to help plan getting started.

This has an option(s) for clear turret and clear upper hull. This is interesting, since an incredibely complete interior is provided. However, how do you attach all the sub-assemblies to these clear parts without making a total mess of it? I have trouble just adding a clear viewing port.

Normal plastic glue is almost impossible to get only where you want it. "Super" glue doesn't melt the plastic, but I hear it "fogs" the plastic. Would "white" glue (clear when it dries?) be strong enough?

Second, what is a good reference to use, that has COLOR pictures of the interior? Are there any of these in museums here in the US? I'm in the west.

Thanks for any help, Dave
Crewchief
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 154 posts
Armorama: 146 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 11:27 AM UTC
Dave

What I would use is RC airplane canopy glue, It's water soluable, a wet paper towel will wipe off any excess that squeezes out as you use it. It takes a full night to dry though.. It does stick well, just make sure there's no mold release agents on the plastic. It holds plastic canopies on RC planes flying about 140 mph. if the plastic is clean it will stick.
vanhall
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 406 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 07:13 PM UTC
Hi Dave,
I can't help with your clear parts question but there's a site dedicated to solely to this kit. I'm sure you find a lot of answers to any questions you may have about the kit.
The site's hosted by AFVmodeller's David Parker, here:

Trumpeter Tiger II-Build and resoure info
 _GOTOTOP