_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
CWCO Campaign Ribbon Awards
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:47 AM UTC
Having just purchased my T-Shirt for the great "July T-Shirt Drive" to support the site - hint hint - I'm in high spirits to post the callsigns of those who have completed their entries for the original end date for the Cold War Cook-Off Campaign - 2003!

I wish I had a Graduation March sound bite for you guys - you all turned in some wonderful entries. Also, Jacques went wild and bolstered the dang Soviet entries - and the gauntlet has been thrown down! We'll just have to keep this battle up for the Allies and continue it into the Twilight 2000 Campaign!

I have spent some time surfing the site to make sure I didn't miss any entrants - but if I did - please let me know and I'll update the Ribbon Award list that I'm sending to Jim. Salute these modelers in the first batch of finishers of the CWCO Campaign! What an outstanding turnout!

StukeSowle
TankCarl
GIBeregovoy
NimitzFan
Jacques *** (the Ribbon isn't big enough to give you all the clusters you deserve!)
kingcrt
tankshack
GunTruck
shiryon
mikeli125
WeWillHold
Plasticbattle
ahueger
pipesmoker
80a2
Savage
19Delta
rotmistrov
blaster76

Gunnie
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 03:01 PM UTC
Gunnie, my thanks for running a tight campaign. This was my first one, and you and the other participants made it an enjoyable experience. "Tanks"

Steve
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 03:21 PM UTC
Although I am not a participant of the campaign, but good stuff there, Plastic's Scud, WWH's IS-3, Carl's Starship, Gunnie's M41, all real nice.

Good to see them fine models.

The Truth is Outta There.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 03:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Although I am not a participant of the campaign, but good stuff there, Plastic's Scud, WWH's IS-3, Carl's Starship, Gunnie's M41, all real nice.

Good to see them fine models.

A class post from you Dave---this is the kind of support that makes this a great site. Thanks!!!!

Steve
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 03:05 AM UTC
Thanks Guys - it was a lot of fun. I get to take a little breather as the Barbarossa Campaign is running now. My little BT-7 won't take too long to build.

The next one coming up is the Twilight 2000 Campaign on Oktober 1 - for you Ruskies out there - and that should be a lot of fun too. If I know Jacques and GIBeregovoy - then the "reds" are coming out big time for that one too...

Gunnie
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 09:12 AM UTC
Hey Gunnie, can you set up a TW 2000 topic here, or can anyone still start a topic in here? I thought we may want to start discussions of the campaign, but I do not want to start up a topic if it is your turf to do it in here...
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 09:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Gunnie, can you set up a TW 2000 topic here, or can anyone still start a topic in here? I thought we may want to start discussions of the campaign, but I do not want to start up a topic if it is your turf to do it in here...

Sure - start T2000 thread!

Gunnie
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 06:11 AM UTC
Hey Gunnie!!!
I made it my B1 Centauro just got out from Oto Melara (the manufacturer) and got time for a ride in a dusty field with the insignias (in our Cavalry we say the "colours" of the Cavalleggeri Guide (19°) Regiment of the Italian Cavalry).
I posted the pics in the following thread:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/13646&page=1

Ciao
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 07:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Gunnie!!!
I made it my B1 Centauro just got out from Oto Melara (the manufacturer) and got time for a ride in a dusty field with the insignias (in our Cavalry we say the "colours" of the Cavalleggeri Guide (19°) Regiment of the Italian Cavalry).
I posted the pics in the following thread:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/13646&page=1

Ciao

Yes - I saw them this morning - excellent!!!

Gunnie
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Friday, July 04, 2003 - 07:37 AM UTC
Hunting for all that Soviet,Nyet , nyet stuff....

blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 8,985 posts
Armorama: 3,034 posts
Posted: Monday, July 07, 2003 - 05:25 PM UTC
what are we doing next a halftrack or a tankhunter/killer, or are there two campaigns? Plan to skip the sci-fi
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 07:23 AM UTC
Congrats to all the participants! I have awarded the campaign ribbons based on Gunnie's list. If there is someone that got missed please let him know so he can update me.

Thanks,
Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 08:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Congrats to all the participants! I have awarded the campaign ribbons based on Gunnie's list. If there is someone that got missed please let him know so he can update me.

Thanks,
Jim

Woo Hoo!

Thanks Jim! There will be another batch of finalists coming next week - the end of the extension to the CWCO Campaign.

I'm tickled that all these guys turned in some great models for the campaign.

Gunnie
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 12:09 PM UTC
This was another great campaign. Well done gunnie and everybody who took part. I had just bought the scud launcher a few days before this campaign started and it was the perfect excuse to get it going. And with some of the problems, I needed the onus of a campaign to keep me going. This ribbon will sit nicely beside my other one for the first dio campaign. Nice one!! Will there be a file with all the entries together?8)
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 05:21 PM UTC
Hey Gunnie, where's my clusters...(Snigger...I know, I am being a a##) Seroiusly, I will post two more builds in a wekk or so...going on vacation, no time to load the pics until later. Got a M60A3 from Tamiya OOB (yeah, I know, I know, but it was a commision) and a DML T-72M2 OOB.

So that is 2 NATO and 5 Warsaw Pact.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 02:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Will there be a file with all the entries together?8)

Yes - this is an idea I'm working out in my head when everything is all said and done after 31 July.

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Gunnie, where's my clusters...(Snigger...I know, I am being a a

Actually Jacques - I didn't forget about this! The cluster idea came up after the CWCO Ribbon was designed - and I didn't go back to try and modifiy one into a cluster award for the original deadling. The new Ribbon was something I wanted to surprise you with after 31 July's end date...

Onward to T2K Campaign!!!

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 05:28 AM UTC
Keenan sent me a PM this morning that reminded me to do this:

Will everyone who completed (or will complete by next week) their CWCO Campaign models send me their favorite photo(s)? This will greatly aid me in corralling them into one place for an idea to create a Campaign Gallery.

Please send them to: [email protected]

I have a Spam Blocker setup - so don't worry about a request notice. I will check and let the messages pass through the net. I'll be collecting images all the way to August 1st.

Thanks everyone!
Gunnie
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 05:37 AM UTC
Hey Gunnie, I will need an "extension" as I am away fromthe Comp right now, but can get the pics to you by late-3rd or the 4th...sorry, gotta take vacations where I can! (well, where the wife can!)

If you want a head start, look up my "red Storm Warning" thread for the Red army pics I like...
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 24, 2003 - 06:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Gunnie, I will need an "extension" as I am away fromthe Comp right now, but can get the pics to you by late-3rd or the 4th...sorry, gotta take vacations where I can! (well, where the wife can!)

If you want a head start, look up my "red Storm Warning" thread for the Red army pics I like...

Sure - that would be fine!

Gunnie
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 03:25 PM UTC
Thanks Staff_Jim and GunTruck! I don't check this thread too often. Wow! Me gots me first shiny ribbon! :-) Thanks again!

Jacques: You have waaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands hehehehe! You deserve those clusters!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 05:36 PM UTC
okay guys, I think I am getting "sniffed too much glue" disease.

Gunnie, I will be able to get you those 2 new pics by the deadline...I was a week ahead in my schedule. I thought today would be the 2nd of August...nice to get a whole week of time "back"

Gennady...yeah, I have lots of time. Aside from watching my kids, nothing better to do than attack all that plastic I have sitting in my basement. Mostly I am doing full-start builds on commision pieces and just getting back to work on old pieces I started. The T-72 had the upper hull pieces glued on and I grabbed it and said "hey, why not finish it too?" I am finding it easier to build several models at once rather than one model alone.

and I was just kidding about the clusters....but will gladly take them!

Now, where did I leave my TW 2000 stuff...?
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 09:43 AM UTC
Thank me? Naw - thank you all for participating! It was fun! I think T2K is gonna be an even more interesting Campaign.

Now - diving back into my gun truck "Sopwith Camel" - again...

Gunnie
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2003 - 04:33 PM UTC
My M151A2 approaches completion...I had NO idea the little stuff would be such a BIG portion of the time spent!

Hopefully pics will be in by the deadline, I am Digi-Cam-Less, but am hoping to borrow one BEFORE the deadline!

Jim
Jaster
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 579 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 05:01 PM UTC
Well, IT IS DONE!

I finished the little bugger this evening!! Overall I am VERY happy with the final outcome. Still waiting to borrow a Digital camera to post some pics.

This was a GREAT experience for me! I FINALLY finished a kit- first one in nearly 25 years!

Now on to TWILIGHT 2000!

Jim/ jaster
 _GOTOTOP