_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
ket-t photo request
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 674 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 26, 2009 - 03:32 AM UTC
The ket-t is a wrecker based on the MAZ 537 chassis. Does anybody have pictures of this vehicle? The only photos I could find where taken on the Moscow parade and show the front. Thanks in advance.
Arpad
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 01:35 AM UTC
Marcel,
thank Your for this advice. I will check out this book and decide if the conversion could be done from those photos. I would like to convert the new cargo truck kit. Anyway, i read somewhere that Tankograd Gazette nr. 9 has an article about this truck, but I could not find it anywhere, Tankograd has sold it out. Does anybody have here a copy of it? I managed to find via google 4 photos, if anybody is interested in them just PM me.
Arpad
Removed by original poster on 07/27/09 - 16:31:35 (GMT).
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 - 03:37 PM UTC
Just so you know, Panzershop has done this conversion. Check it out on their website.
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 08:49 PM UTC
Jacques,
thank You for this advice. Unfortunaley that kit is too pricey, the other components of my planned diorama completely ruined my budget
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 894 posts
Armorama: 643 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 09:40 PM UTC
I wonder how Panzershop got away with that one..or did they not copy the chassis and cab from the Trumpeter kit?
arpikaszabo
Visit this Community
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 02:10 AM UTC
Mat, i dont know either, but I believe that Panzerhop should release the ket-t as a conversion, for the new cargo Maz.
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 02:36 AM UTC
I know,

many resin manufacturers copy some parts of the original kit a basis for a conversion. But this seems like they took the whole tractor and only redesigned the wrecking device. I wonder what Trumpeter says about that (if they actually care). If it was just a conversion for the cargo Maz, it would have made more sense. But then at least they should put in some correct wheels and not incorrect Trumpeter resin copies.

I'll be in the big army museum in Lesany in a few weeks, perhaps I find a real one for you But since you live in Prague I guess you have already been there.
leo1vtanker
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
KitMaker: 71 posts
Armorama: 42 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 04:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'll be in the big army museum in Lesany in a few weeks, perhaps I find a real one for you But since you live in Prague I guess you have already been there.

Slim chance don't you think? Why would the Czechs have any use for the KET-T when they have a very well established truck company like Tatra which, not entirely by accident, have an impressive wheeled wrecked in their inventory?

And about the Panzershop conversion, I would skip it. If you check their KET-T it is not very detailed. The Trumpeter kit, on which this conversion must have been based upon, is not to detailed when it comes to hydraulics, brake lines and the like. The resin kit does not excel here either. Check the mount for the spare wheel on the left hand side. The Panzershop parts are very simplified compared to the real thing. So how accurate is the Panzershop offering?

Besides..anyone noticed the simple cab mistake on the Panzershop KET-T?
If you take a good look at the front of the cab of the Panzershop KET-T it has the ventilation openings next to both headlights. That's a typical feature of MAZ-537 cabs of the early types. Later cab types do not have these ventilation openings. All the images I found on the Internet of the KET-T do not have these openings. Neither do the KET-T images in the Tankograd book.
I guess these kind of flaws happen when you're in a hurry making a resin kit.

Marcel Jussen
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 09:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Slim chance don't you think? Why would the Czechs have any use for the KET-T when they have a very well established truck company like Tatra which, not entirely by accident, have an impressive wheeled wrecked in their inventory?

And about the Panzershop conversion, I would skip it. If you check their KET-T it is not very detailed. The Trumpeter kit, on which this conversion must have been based upon, is not to detailed when it comes to hydraulics, brake lines and the like. The resin kit does not excel here either. Check the mount for the spare wheel on the left hand side. The Panzershop parts are very simplified compared to the real thing. So how accurate is the Panzershop offering?

Besides..anyone noticed the simple cab mistake on the Panzershop KET-T?
If you take a good look at the front of the cab of the Panzershop KET-T it has the ventilation openings next to both headlights. That's a typical feature of MAZ-537 cabs of the early types. Later cab types do not have these ventilation openings. All the images I found on the Internet of the KET-T do not have these openings. Neither do the KET-T images in the Tankograd book.
I guess these kind of flaws happen when you're in a hurry making a resin kit.

Marcel Jussen

Marcel,

thanks for the info about the Panzershop kit. I am not saying that the Czech would have used the KET-T. I know they are very proud of their in my opnion indeed excellent Tatras, I used to live in Pardubice in CZ for a while. But this does not exclude that the vehicle could not be in the museum with more than 300 vehicles. They also have Merkava there and that's also not a Czech tank
 _GOTOTOP