Hosted by Darren Baker
1:9 scale bmw r75 / sidecar
woody6968
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 454 posts
Armorama: 380 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 01:34 AM UTC
here a few photos of the r75 i just finished for a happy customer,, coments always welcome ,, enjoy,!!

the kit was built straight from the box (customer requirement),and was built up over a few nights,
all the painting was done with humbrol enamels and tam acrylics.the engine was hand painted along with a few smaller parts manly with humbrols , the side car , mud gaurds and tank where airbrushed with tam acrylics , mix of black X1 and white XF2 about a 60% black to 40% white then thinned with tam thinners to run through my ab .
for the rusty bits i used mig rust with a black wash to tone it down here and there and tam flat earth airbrushed , and to finnish migs european earth to dust ,,, comments must welcome as always ,, thanks for looking...
woody6968
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 11:58 AM UTC
thanks to everyone who has looked but would like comments aswell ,,, cheers
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
Armorama: 2,447 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:37 PM UTC
Hi Ian,

A fine, clean, sharp build. I noticed no seams, sink holes, mold marks, nicks, glue slops, or paint flaws. The dirt and grime in the sidecar is well done.

Weathering theories are mainly subjective, but I think a big model with such a wealth of detail begs for a bit of weathering. Your weathering is otherwise minimalist--can't blame you for not want to dirty up such a good looking finish. A wash--light or strong--would enhance the details of the brackets and nut & bolt details.
BernardS
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:51 PM UTC
Ian

for a 1:9 scale model this one has a long way to go before it can be called a great model.

needs detailing in many areas, including pin washes to bring out the detail;
paint overspray on the the rear tyre behind the battery case is poor:
orange peel on paint work:
exhaust pipe does not rust at the heads, this area of the pipework invariably shows a blue tinge caused by the exhaust heat;
leather saddle on this machine was black, not brown;
plus many other detail areas that could receive some attention to bring out the detail on this great kit.

have fun
Bernard
woody6968
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 12:36 PM UTC
thanks for your input fred , the customer did say he didnt want it over done on the weathering side ,but i do take your points and understand ...
woody6968
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 12:37 PM UTC
thank you for your points bernard ,,,
 _GOTOTOP