PieterK
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 16 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 10:52 PM UTC
Jagdtiger Porsche type
Manufacturer: DML

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the pictures to show the true brightness and contrast of the model. I feel the model has more depth and vividness in reality then is conferred by the pics below.

Anyway.. here a a few pictures of the model..

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 07:12 AM UTC
Pieter, you probably won't get too many comments due to the picture quality. The ISO camera speed in your pictures is 1600 and that is adding a grainy distortion to the images. Could you please try taking the pictures outside in the sun and please take some 3/4 views from the front and back. From what I can see the engine grills/screens look fantastic and the towing cable really appears quite nice also.

Cheers,
tread_geek
wing_nut
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,212 posts
Armorama: 674 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 12:56 AM UTC
Have to agree with Jan re: the photos. But what can be seen does look pretty nice.
PieterK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 01:41 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments and kind words Jan and Wingnut.

I have been tinkering with my camera's settings a bit and have tried to take some pictures in the sun, as suggested by Jan. Unfortunately, I still feel that non of the pictures do the model any justice, given that much of the very subtle contrasts and hues do not appear to be present in the images, diminishing the models' vivacity and expression..

This one probably comes closest to my perception of the model i.r.l:

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 04:31 AM UTC
Pieter, much, much better picture. Your camera settings were very good 1/320 of a second exposure and an ISO speed of 80 (which is superb for details). The overall condition of the vehicle looks like it's just about ready for a major overhaul or the scrap yard. I'd still like to see some shots at a lower angle, something like you'd see in a used vehicle advertisement.

Cheers,
Jan
PieterK
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 05:52 AM UTC
Thanks for your reply Jan!

You seem to be quite knowlegable about photography! Did you deduce the technical properties you mentioned by simply observing the picture, or is this information encrypted in the file and retreivable somehow?

With this model, I intended to capture an extensively used and likewise heavily weathered vehicle.

I will try to make several, equally good pictures from different angles to give a better overall impression of the model.

tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 07:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You seem to be quite knowlegable about photography! Did you deduce the technical properties you mentioned by simply observing the picture, or is this information encrypted in the file and retreivable somehow?

Pieter, as with everything in life I am constantly learning. My wife has taken numerous photo courses and is an advanced "amateur" photographer and passes her knowledge on to me. While one can deduce certain aspects of a photo from it's appearance the reality is that most digital images that are not manipulated to too great an extreme will contain embedded shooting data in the file. This data is necessary in cases where a picture needs to be edited and enhanced. Many modern photo software programmes allow for the reading of this data (iPhoto, Aperture, Photoshop etc). Information about image and file size, camera type and varied exposure information are common to most digital camera pictures. Some camera's even give you the GPS co-ordinates of where the picture was taken (some cell phone cameras as well as very high end cameras). Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jan
 _GOTOTOP